Beware Londis 'Special offers'!

If you are buying anything in Londis on Lordship Lane which has a 'special offer/discount' advertised, check to see that you are not charged the full price at the till. I've had at least 5 incidents when I've been overcharged at the till and the special offer e.g. 2 for the price of one has not been recognised. It's not the cashiers fault, they just scan the items in but they have told us that 'it's always happening'!It often happens on the alcohol products and I've just nearly been charged an extra ?2 on teabags. It's happened to friends of mine too.

If they did that to me once I would consider it a mistake, but twice and I would not return, if every one did that they would soon sharpen up their act. I consider it to be sharp practice and illegal if it is more than once.

Thankyou for the warning Minitoots.

Ooh I've noticed that too. Thought I had misread something and didnt bother to point anything out.

Always amazes me that the staff don't pick up on this too. I mean are they not aware of special offers and such? Tut tut.

I have many views on that place but I will not divert the topic of this thread. Good call minitoots for bringing this to others attention (tu)

But isn't this following a similar pattern to events described elsewhere on here concerning Somerfield and Sainsbury's?

I doubt it's a conspiracy - scanning technology is imprecise enough to have this happen as often as not. Well... not as often as THAT but enough to make people suspicious

I don't think it's related to the precision of scanning technology. More likely simply that an offer has been displayed on the shelves, but not entered into the system. I very much doubt it's intentional, just make sure you always check your receipt. As SMG says, plenty of people have complained about the same thing happening in other stores.

yes - this has happened to me twice now. They are doing offers on the wine and I was nearly charged full price for a bottle of red last night. You have to actually point out to them that it's on offer. Best thing to do is to be vigilant when they ring up the amount - as Jeremy says, they haven't been entered into the system.

MrBen Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> After an especially good night out (that surpassed

> my Londis Monster Munch / GQ debauchery ) I

> recently finished the night with Razzle and a

> packet of Bassets wine gums. Mrs Ben was not

> impressed.

If grot mags were areas then Razzle would be the Peckham to Penthouse's East Dulwich.

In Australia, you have to be given the item for free if you are mischarged. yes, the law. Can you imagine that coming in here. Somerfield would be out of business for one. I was in there the other day and was overcharged 6.00 for 2 pizza's that were on special. Not only were they wrong, the amount I was charged was more than the original.

:((( grrrr