Piermont Road - is not a cut thro to Peckham Rye

BQC

I know I'm moaning to the converted (know the area), but the number of cars that come down Upland road expecting to turn into Piermont Road and get thro to the common is phenomenal. Once they realise they cannot get through they need to reverse back out catching wing mirros on the way, back into one of the cars parked on Upland road and then drive away - is there anyway we can get the council to put a sign up letting people know this is not a thro road?

I have to agree with you BQC, we live nearby and often when walking home have to stop while cars turn in, only to reverse out without looking for pedestrians.

Maybe we should get the local kids to make a sign?! ;-)

Yeah, Southwark Council REALLY listen.

Ha.

It just so happens there is a traffic segment in the next Nunhead and Peckham Rye Community Council next Wed 21 July. Check the website for the venue (Whorlton Road). I do not know if the street mentioned is in that area. If it is not,then go to the Comm COuncil that DOES cover it. It's interesting to read but we can't do anything.

Another problem may be that the cars that drive down this road may be being TOLD to by the SatNavs. I bet that's what's happening.

Solved.....Piermont Road Flyover, apparently the council have been looking into it. They have produced a artists impression of how it might look. That would sort it. Also would give the benefit of somewhere dry for piss heads to hang out.

2 for the price of 1... ( see attached image)

andypandy Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Solved.....Piermont Road Flyover, apparently the

> council have been looking into it. They have

> produced a artists impression of how it might

> look. That would sort it. Also would give the

> benefit of somewhere dry for piss heads to hang

> out.

> 2 for the price of 1... ( see attached image)

I can't wait for the flyover - They're already calling it 'South London's Answer to the Westway'

Inevitable thread about ED house prices 'will probably break the internet', a source at the South London Reporter remarked

The South-Eastway - I like it. It's catchy in a sort of non catchy way....I think that the top end of PR Park, with it's useless fields can be redeveloped as a new retail park. Finally we'll get McDonalds, Pizza Hut,KFC Matalan and others. ED has been crying out for these for a long time. Obviously Piermont Road will need to be protected so the fly over can be extended up Upland road with Upland road being extended over LL to join with the south circular. This will essentially like Dulwich Park and Peckham Park. The Park Link Flyover as it might be know , East Dulwich answer to cross rail.

I really feel that we are onto something here

andypandy Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> The South-Eastway - I like it. It's catchy in a

> sort of non catchy way....I think that the top end

> of PR Park, with it's useless fields can be

> redeveloped as a new retail park. Finally we'll

> get McDonalds, Pizza Hut,KFC Matalan and others.

> ED has been crying out for these for a long time.

> Obviously Piermont Road will need to be protected

> so the fly over can be extended up Upland road

> with Upland road being extended over LL to join

> with the south circular. This will essentially

> like Dulwich Park and Peckham Park. The Park Link

> Flyover as it might be know , East Dulwich answer

> to cross rail.

>

> I really feel that we are onto something here

With any luck they'll be mixing concrete by the weekend!

You overlooked something though - Parking is an issue that rears its ugly head time and again in ED - I feel to better serve the new retail park and appease residents so choked by the current on-street arrangements, a new multi-storey near the beginning of the flyover on the under-utilised bottom half of the Rye would be a welcome addition.

Genius. Who needs planners, Architects , road planners. THIS IS PROGRESS, Power to the people.

Of course it will be environmentally friendly, like Harris Boys Academy we too can randomly slap wind turbines on the roof ( see attched).After all we are in a particularly windy part of London, being low down and nowhere near the coast.

This is a call to pick up your spades.....

Before anyone else says it (mods), might be going a bit off-topic now......