Dog free and Picnic area in Peckham Rye

Sorry but thats no excuse you should still be watching to see if your dog is having a poo wherever you and they are in the park and should clear up after them .Also I have seen three men with beer cans and their dogs in this area one evening so its not just the wandering dog being the problem.

Muley Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> BUT NO BLOODY KIDS

>

>

> Awlright Lenk?

A 'kid free' area of the park would be fantastic.

That cafe would be a whole lot nicer if kids were banned, they sold booze, you could smoke in there, and they had a jukebox full of thrash metal and Czechoslovakian jazz.

Peckhamgatecrasher Wrote:

> That's because dogs can't read. If humans don't

> shut the gates, what do you expect?

This is not always the case. I've seen people going this area to exercise their dogs. On one occasion I said to the dog owner that this was meant to be a dog free area but they took no notice saying he could go in with the dog.

I have no problem with dogs, just those certain dirty owners what don't clean up the mess.

All park users dislike rubbish. Dog turds should be picked up by the owners, just as drinking straws, crisp packets etc should be picked up after consumption of food/drink- I've seen a proliferation of these recently.

There is also a problem with broken glass. I've had to report this to park wardens three times now. Twice loads of broken glass has appeared near the dog free area under discussion. The glass was scattered around in the grass and could have caused damage to a child or a dog.

There are also a number of deep holes in the same area into which tins have been sunken (not sure why but they are like holes you'd get on a golf course)any dog running at full pelt could catch its paw and end up with a broken leg.

lenk Wrote:

> Muley Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > BUT NO BLOODY KIDS

> >

> >

> > Awlright Lenk?

>

>

> A 'kid free' area of the park would be fantastic.

>

>

> That cafe would be a whole lot nicer if kids were

> banned, they sold booze, you could smoke in there,

> and they had a jukebox full of thrash metal and

> Czechoslovakian jazz.

Now Lenk, you know what we said about sharing- it's not nice to be selfish, is it? You weren't being clever, and no-one else is laughing are they? No.

Now, any more silly behaviour like that and it's the naughty step for you, young man, and I mean it.

reetpetite Wrote:

> Me too I love dogs and know many responsible

> owners ,just cant stand people who blatently

> ignore the no dogs sign especially when they know

> these areas are used by children.

The whole park is used by children, not just that area. In my opinion, the fences are far too low to stop dogs going in. They should have made them higher. The signs saying no dogs are actually not enforceable, they are merely put there in the hope that you keep dogs out. Like polite notice signs.

Lenk, you're on fire! That cafe would be fantastic as you describe it! I'm with you on that one, just because I'm one of those mothers with the toddler and ridiculous buggy shoving my way through the cafe doesn't mean I don't know it's much more fun your way. Maybe after 6?