The Big Lunch

We had a fantastic time on Cornflower Terrace. Road closed for the day, loads of people out, bunting, enough food to feed half of ED, music, magic shows (courtest of Ministry of Fun), guest appearance by Sly and Reggie... A great day! Hope everyone else had a top day!

The Bellenden Big Lunch was a huge success. Estimate about 120 people came by with food and drink, meat to BBQ, music (Sly and Reggie were here too), games for the children, chalk drawing on the road and the shops participated too. It was a great day and we're looking forward to next year.

sounds like southwark council were really helpful which is good news for encouraging others to organise more in the future

some said that ?50 for insurance plus getting a consensus is all it takes to get the council on side

quite a few didnt materialise but the seeds have been sown

tweety pie

Yes the other photo on the BBC website is one I took of everyone on Cornflower Terrace! Well spotted boosboos!

Just to pick up on what Reggie mentioned about Southwark - they were fantastic with us. I sent an email asking about the process for closing our road and someone called me back, told me that I needed 3 things - insurance, a risk assessment and some sort of confirmation of support from the majority of residents - and he did the rest. The road closed barriers were dropped off for us to put up and take down on the day. It couldn't have been easier.

thexwinglessxbird Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Lol. Ironically, it has been freakishly quiet

> today... Nothing happened on Hindmans Rd, but I

> was aware that Ulverscroft were having a lunch,

> which I saw no sign of.

xxxxxxxx

I live in Ulverscroft Road, heard nothing about a lunch beforehand, but was sitting outside my house around 12.30 pm on Sunday when two guys went past in a vehicle bearing what they claimed was the loudest sound system in the universe looking for the Ulverscroft Road Big Lunch ......

Don't think it can have happened, but as I spent the rest of Sunday afternoon in the Palmerston whilst paint was drying on my hall floor thus preventing me entering my house, I wouldn't know :))