Fusion Gym Reno's?

Fusion Gym in ED was supposed to go under reno's well over a year ago, but is still functioning. Apparently the pool is now closed,being reno'd, which won't be finished for 'about a year and a half' as were the words of a fusion employee.

Does anyone know what's going on with this place, and why it takes that long to fix/renovate a pool?

Im surprised a great area like ED does not have a nicer/more competent/clean fitness centre.

it does but fusion are not the greatest at running gyms. the downturn at the pulse when holmes place moved out had to be seen to be believed. plus fusion dont pay enough to get the decent instructers. shame, they run some good premsises.just not very well.

thet're doing it a region at a time to try and keep some services up and running - at the moment the pool is closed but the gym is open and the classes are running. then the studios get done, gym last.

I find the range of kit at ED gym to be pretty mediocre, and only go there once in a blue moon, when other exercise options are unavailable. I've never used the gym at PP, only the pool. More of a point for me about EDfusion is the gym attendants (I find that a more apt professional title than "instructor"). I have occasionally asked them for advice and, generally, they are bullshitting. Often they are really winging it, saying something that sounds good on the surface and points people towards what they have available, and as often as not they information is just plain wrong in terms of understanding how the human body works. This I find concerning.

The pool renovation is extremely disappointing, as the pool remains the same size, which is pokey. Why go to all this trouble and end up with the wrong result, it is sooooo infuriating.

It seems to be getting a new entrance though, obviously of vital importance for future advertising.

The scaffold outside the building is to give the appearance of work in progress only.

One of the reasons it is all taking so long I guess, is to enable someone to make a percentage out of the capital, which remains no doubt in the bank's high interest account.

Yeah, and I bet they're going to fill it with plain old water, and not fresh, vintage champagne every morning. And the attendants will be under-stimulated blokes in their mid-20s, dreaming of escape, and not a selection of models hand-picked from Storm.

Jeez, Steve, have a big handful of cheer the hell up.

If you can get there, then Wavelengths in Deptford is good. Gave up taking my daughter to PP due to constant changing of booking policy and never went near ED as swam there pre-daughter and hygiene pretty awful. Now go to Wavelengths and it's clean, easy to book in and never overrun, plus the changing rooms are next to the pool. Plenty of space weekday mornings for toddler swimming and at weekends you get the wave machine and spray. Only downside of the place is that the flumes seems to be permanently placed (plus you need to factor in parking costs - ?0.90 for one hour and ?1.80 for two hours. They have a gym and classes but haven't tried those yet.

No affiliation etc...

I used to go to the gym in wavelengths but it was about 4 years ago. It's very small and you could never get on any of the weight machines because they were always full of big people sat having a chat and looking intimidating. I had an unfortunate incident there when I fell off a swiss ball and it flew across the room and hit a weightlifter. The pool is small but quite good and the wave machine is fun when it's on. Never saw the flumes in action sadly. I did go to a few aquaaerobics sessions there and they were very good and entertaining. There was even one lady he used to wear a bin bag to cover up her hair. Greenwich pool is quite minging but the gym is ok.

Muley Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> >

> Please tell us more Ms sofa, this sounds like

> comedy gold!

Sadly not as exciting as it might sound. I am not a natural in the gym - I decided to be brave and attempt those sit up things on the swiss ball and it just sort of pinged out from under me incredibly fast. The weight lifter who had been interupted by the flying ball just stared at me and the ball while i got up run over and retrieved the ball and apolagised whilst my face turned to the colour of a post box. I then made my exit.

And he ran after you, the muscles rippling on his finely-honed physique, calling "come back, I was dumbstruck by your awesome beauty. Never have I felt such depth of emotion consume me like an unstoppable primeval force as when I first set eyes upon you, my goddess..."

Come on, big it up a bit for Gawd's sake!

Oh ok I'll try again.

It was a warm summers evening. I was wearing lyrca he was wearing a string vest. Our eyes met while i was doing a sit up on a silver ball. Someone sweaty had used the ball before me and I was so enraptured by his pectorals that I slipped off. The ball flew off and hit him in the eye. He dropped the weights he was lifting and broke his little toe. I rushed him to A&E where we got married within the hour.

Still crap but at least i tried.