car break ins and vandalism (in worlingham road)

Hi all

Just to warn you, last night i parked my car in worlingham road (top end near crawthew grove) and someone broke into my car and took my ipod (it was hidden). someone else had all their tyres let down.

Just thought you should all know so that you can stay safe.

nancysmum Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> someone else had all their tyres let

> down.

>

> Just thought you should all know so that you can

> stay safe.

xxxxxx

Not being funny, but how are we supposed to prevent someone letting all our tyres down, unless we have somewhere to park the car other than the street????

:-S

Sue Wrote:

> nancysmum Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > someone else had all their tyres let

> > down.

> >

> > Just thought you should all know so that you

> can

> > stay safe.

>

> xxxxxx

>

> Not being funny, but how are we supposed to

> prevent someone letting all our tyres down, unless

> we have somewhere to park the car other than the

> street????

>

> :-S

Try letting the air out of the tyres before you go to bed (don't forget to remove ALL valuables from the vehicle as well!).

When you wish to use the vehicle again, simply re-inflate the tyres to a safe and legal pressure (this may vary according to vehicle / tyre combination; see manufacturers instructions for full details) and drive away.

Happy motoring - toot toot!

sue / horsebox

Not being funny but i only put this thread up to encourage people to take extra vigilance when leaving / not leaving stuff in their cars. the comment re the tyres is neither helpful nor constructive. My car is an old jalopy, not worth breaking into, but broken into all the same. they took something of mine which has pictures of my young daughter on it. I don't know who has them now. And that as a mum is upsetting. You want to make fun of something, go find someone else.

nancysmum Wrote:

> sue / horsebox

>

> Not being funny but i only put this thread up to

> encourage people to take extra vigilance when

> leaving / not leaving stuff in their cars. the

> comment re the tyres is neither helpful nor

> constructive. My car is an old jalopy, not worth

> breaking into, but broken into all the same. they

> took something of mine which has pictures of my

> young daughter on it. I don't know who has them

> now. And that as a mum is upsetting. You want to

> make fun of something, go find someone else.

I think the entire forum community are biting their tongues here wanting to tell you what a dummyhead you are for HIDING your VALUABLES in a JALOPY.

However, none of us want to see someones treasured possessions in the hands of Grimbleys, so empathy has won the day.

Put it down to a hard lesson learned nancysmum

Matthew123 wrote:- I'd put it down to criminal scum just getting a slap on the wrists when they're eventually caught.

I would agree with you Matthew, sadly most do not get caught and not nearly enough happens to those who are.

nancysmum, Same happened to our MPV a couple of months ago up near the Library. Nothing to nick in the car (all compartments emptied out onto seats and floor) and locks had somehow been opened without breaking in. Quite a thoughtful thief I thought at the time.

Trouble is we've had a spate of car break-ins in the last couple of weeks where side windows have been smashed. Not much you can do except the obvious which will hopefully deter future thefts if gains are negligible.

Lozzyloz

sorry to hear about your incident. in a way i was pleased there was something to nick in mine, in case they decided to trash the car if there wasn't. After all, who's to say they wouldn't do that - cut seats, smash windows etc. I'm sad I've lost my i-pod, but at least I can still take the children out.

hx