Denmark Hill Station - building work

I think what will be happening is the changes to make the station more accessible. Last thing I heard there were going to be lifts put in at the far end (other end to where the stairs are) to open up the station to people who can't use stairs.

Details of the application with some funky looking images - see the "Enhanced 3D images" in particular. There's a new entrance to the side of the existing building on Champion Park (moreorless where bus stop is) with slope to a new overbridge providing additional steps and lifts to all platforms. The existing stairs and bridge and ticket hall look to remain as they are so much improved capacity and access all round. Can't wait!

Denmark Hill Station planning application details

If link doesn't work the application number to search for via Southwark planning register is 09 AP 0669.

Sounds good - access is dreadful for the amount of people who use it at rush hour. Particularly when they announce a platform change a minute before the train is due - with other trains arriving at the same time so the stairs are so congested that you can't get to the new platform.

BQC Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I cant see Peckham rye on there?

At last, there are major plans being developed for restructuring the interior working of Peckham Rye station buildings to make it accessible. We are planning a meeting in the autumn of the Rye Lane & Station Action Group (RLSAG) to hear from the rail companies on this. The station was listed last year, so we will also be having a presentation from Benedict O?Looney, the Peckham Society expert on historic architecture, on the detailed historic aspects and how they can be accommodated in the reconstruction. We will also be hearing from the Council about the latest on the Peckham Area Action Plan process, and a number of activities and ideas which might help to transform that central part of Rye Lane. The RLSAG is an open discussion forum between residents and the various public agencies that affect our town centre. The info on its meeting will be posted here, but if you want to be on the mailing list please email me at [email protected]. You can see some background information on these matters at

Peckham Rye Station: http://www.peckhamvision.org/wiki/Peckham_Rye_Station

Transforming Central Rye Lane : http://www.peckhamvision.org/wiki/Transforming_Central_Rye_Lane

An alternative vision for Rye Lane Central: http://www.peckhamvision.org/wiki/Visions_for_Peckham#An_alternative_vision_for_Rye_Lane_Central