Lost teddy bear - distraught daughter (moved)

Our 20 month old daughter has lost her dearly beloved teddy bear and soulmate, Charlie. He's been her constant companion since birth and went AWOL somewhere between Beauval Road and Dulwich Library (perhaps inside the Library, although staff haven't seen him). Attached is a picture. He has a label with "Histoire d'Ours" on it. Really good bottle of wine or equivalent to anyone who returns him.

Many thanks

How awful.

I hope he turns up, but if not is there any possibility of getting an (identical) replacement which you could distress a bit to make it look like Charlie? Would she realise?

My nephew still thinks his pet hens which were eaten by a fox have gone on (a long) holiday ..... could a little white lie help or is it too late and she knows he's lost?

Don't knock it. It was only when I turned about 25 that I realised my much loved "Brown Bear" had probably not accidentally got into the wrong suitcase at the airport, ended up in Beirut (geddit?) and decided to stay there with all the other bears...

My koala was lost on the first day of nursery and never found . Sob.

Also one of our twins was hospitalised for a week in january (very traumatic) and at some point when they changed her bed, all the sheets were going into red sacks as in isolation, her furry hippo was swept up and taken away, never to be returned. (And was originally bought years ago in the States, so no chance of buying one the same)

Thanks very much indeed, Sanity Girl. Looks like the same bear. He'll have to go through a whole lot of abuse if he's going to look like Charlie - the pic I attached was quite old, before our daughter really got active! He'll look pretty different, but if it worked for Barry Manilow...

Aawww, that's so very sad to hear. I can't imagine losing my bunny. I had her from the day I was born & for 19 years now! My mom said that she did get lost once or twice but she went back as soon as she noticed & luckily, there is was.

Have you tried looking absolutely everywhere you went & asked around? Perhaps the lost property. Maybe somebody kind enough has handed it in.

Thanks everyone for your kind words of encouragement and help. Sadly, having walked the length of Woodwarde Road for the 6th (I kid you not) time this morning, and my daughter stepping in her first ever dog poo (oh, the milestones of youth), there's still no sign of Charlie. I put a sign up in the library though so hopefully, some kind soul will get in touch if they have him. If not, then we'll have to purchase a 'Charlie that's just had a big bath and is all clean and fluffy now' and hope that does the trick.

Won't fix my husband's and my sadness though. Perhaps we're more upset than her.

Fidgetsmum, suspect you're right about you being more upset than your daughter, as we've been through this scenario with our youngest when 'Donkey' disappeared, never to return, on Lordship Lane (despite an extended search between EDT and Franklins in the driving rain). She got over it remarkably easily, and turned her attention instead to 'Bear' (who is, of course, a rabbit).

Don't ask about 'Bear'... I've had to sprint through manic traffic in pursuit of a taxi in Tunisia, scramble across rock pools ahead of the incoming tide, and elbow my way through the crowds at Surrey Quays shopping centre at 4.57pm on Christmas Eve just to retrieve him when he's 'wandered off'...