RSPCA pet chipping session - new date

TJMP

The local RSPCA will be having a micro-chipping day for dogs on Sunday 9th August from 12 noon to 4pm.

The session will take place at the RSPCA London South East Branch shop at 380 Norwood Road, West Norwood, SE27 9AA (opposite the end of Robson Road).

Whilst this is not an East Dulwich event, the RSPCA has assured me that Dulwich and East Dulwich residents would be more than welcome.

More information on these sessions can be found on my website here: RSPCA dog chipping success

Tessa Jowell MP

Yep - I've seen it in the South London Press - it's for dogs and cats - will be taking one of my cats along. I've already had one chipped by the RSPCA in a Bermondsey free event a couple of years ago and they were really friendly and helpful. Don't know if it makes any difference if they are chipped as she went missing a year ago and noboby would have know she was chipped. (Somebody took her in because of poster I had posted). I now put collars on mine for most of the time but don't really like doing this as one of my neighbours recently found Trixie's collar in her garden - so somehow she has been caught up in something and collar has come free (which it's supposed to do).

Will still have Honey chipped on Sunday though!

• 2 months later...

There will be another micro-chipping session for local pet owners this Sunday 11 October from 12 noon to 4pm.

At the last session, on 9th August, 96 animals were microchipped and the RSPCA received almost ?200 in donations - thank you to everyone who made a contribution. So far this year the local RSPCA has chipped over 1200 animals - a fantastic achievement.

The session will, once again, take place at the RSPCA London South East Branch shop at 380 Norwood Road, West Norwood, SE27 9AA (opposite the end of Robson Road). Pet owners from East Dulwich and the surrounding area will be very welcome.

More information on this and previous sessions can be found on my website here: New chipping session

Tessa Jowell MP

• 1 month later...

After a fantastically successful pet chipping day in October (see above) when 124 animals were chipped and donations of ?270 were made, a new chipping session will take place this weekend.

The RSPCA shop in West Norwood will have a free microchipping day on Sunday 6th December from 12 noon until 4pm. The shop is located at 380 Norwood Road, London SE27 9AA (opposite the end of Robson Road).

The RSPCA (as at 12 October) had chipped 1781 animals this year and is hoping that over 2000 will be chipped by the end of the year.

The branch covers the whole of south-east London so users of the East Dulwich Forum are welcome to take advantage of this session. And do please consider making a donation to support this and the other excellent work carried out by the RSPCA locally.

More information here: New December chipping session

Tessa Jowell MP

The only downside to these events is the long queues. The last one I took my cat to at the West Norwood shop I had to come away after 10 minutes because there were so many dogs barking madly at all the cats that my cat was too traumatised. I know people will be thinking oh so what but here's a thought - why not have a separate cat chipping session and a dog one?

Just a thought?

minder Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> The only downside to these events is the long

> queues. The last one I took my cat to at the West

> Norwood shop I had to come away after 10 minutes

> because there were so many dogs barking madly at

> all the cats that my cat was too traumatised. I

> know people will be thinking oh so what but here's

> a thought - why not have a separate cat chipping

> session and a dog one?

>

> Just a thought?

Correct the Q is always long but the waiting time is usually less than one hour.

Although it would be good to hold a separate chipping day for cats this is not possible as the events are run by volunteers who give up their time.

• 1 month later...

Last year the London South East RSPCA Branch chipped over 2300 animals including 107 at their last microchipping day in December.

The next free microchipping day at the RSPCA shop in West Norwood will be this Sunday 7th February from 12 noon until 4pm. The shop is located at 380 Norwood Road, London SE27 9AA (opposite the end of Robson Road).

The branch covers the whole of south-east London so I would reiterate my earlier advice that users of the East Dulwich Forum are welcome to take advantage of this session. And please do consider making a donation to support this and the other excellent work carried out by the RSPCA locally.

More information here: New February chipping session

Tessa Jowell MP

Edited to add: Sorry - I had meant to include the following information from the RSPCA which will be helpful if you intend to take advantage of their chipping session this weekend:

Free Microchipping Day - 7th February 2010 [Dogs on leads and Cats in baskets please]

Sunday 7th February 2010 ? [12noon ? 4pm]

RSPCA Charity Shop, 380 Norwood Road, London SE27 9AA

No appointment is needed. If you have any queries please telephone us on 07952 680 522

or email [email protected]

Free parking is available outside of the shop. Nearest train station is West Norwood

(TJMP: unfortunately there is no direct service on Sunday to West Norwood from East Dulwich but there are trains to Tulse Hill - which is not far from the RSPCA shop - every 30 mins. They take 5 mins from East Dulwich Platform 2).

We shall also be offering free health checks for your pet along with flea and worm products.

Donations are welcome on the day.

• 5 months later...
I took my cats to the last one and yes I had to wait, but for no more than an hour and considering it is a FREE (donation only) service - I am extremely grateful that other people donate enough to the RSPCA for them to be able to do this. Most of the dogs that turn up are very well behaved I found and it was little trouble to keep my cats away from any curious ones.