Open Air Cinema in Dulwich Park

Open Air Cinema is returning to Dulwich Park this summer!

After a sell out debut screening last year, The Screen On The Green will be holding three themed screenings this August as Dulwich Park once more plays host to cinema under the stars! The season launches on Saturday 15th August with 'Classic Night' and a screening of 'Breakfast At Tiffany's' complete with an exclusive video introduction from star of the film, Mickey Rooney! To complement the film, Pavilion Cafe will be serving a selection of cocktails. Saturday 22nd August is '80s Night' with a screening of 'Back To The Future'. This time the introduction comes from 80s legend, Steve Guttenberg, star of Police Academy, who has provided a video introduction to the night. The season closes on Saturday 29th August with a night called 'Best Of British' - celebrating homegrown films, and a screening of Guy Ritchie's 'Lock, Stock And Two Smoking Barrels'. As a real treat, we have the star of the film, Jason Flemyng coming to the park in person to introduce the film.

Audiences are invited to bring a picnic, though Pavilion Cafe will be serving fabulous food and drink, with special menus designed for the open air cinema season!

All tickets are booked through the website - www.thescreenonthegreen.com and we are advising booking early as we have limited capacities and they are selling fast! Tickets cost ?7.50 each. We hope to see you there!

• 2 weeks later...

Did anyone go to this last week?

How was it?

The idea of sitting on a warm summer's evening sipping wine and watching a classic Audrey Hepburn movie sounded great.

I was away - but am going on Saturday 22nd with two teeage children to watch Back to the Future - can anyone answer the questions posed above? Are seats allowed?

We went last Saturday and it was great fun - highly recommended, especially if the weather is good. Quite a few people brought chairs, cushions, big blankets and we even spotted a few duvets as well! Clearly some people are professional outdoor cinema goers... Most people brought picnics and there were quite a few champagne corks popping about which was amusing. The film started about 30 minutes late as they were waiting for sunset, and there was also a 15 minute intermission so it didn't finish up until 11:30 or so. We had to exit via the main gate which was a bit of a pain as there aren't really any buses back to East Dulwich from that side. It also gets cool quite quickly once it's dark so definitely bring something warm to put on.

yes, I went too, it was really lovely - good food and decent drinks available, too - as long as you could beat the queue. Take some toilet roll and something warm for when the sun goes down. Loads of people sat on chairs, i would definately take some next time as the ground got damp towards the end.

My Grandad was in Breakfast at Tiffany's I think. Is this the one where Deborah Kerr is seen entering The Ritz hotel? The Chief Doorman was my Grandad and he was filmed opening the door for her in the film. (If this WAS the film!) I've been on hoiday - can anyone confirm this scene happens in this film? Must get a DVD copy if it is! Thanks!

Sorry PeckhamRose - wrong film.

Deborah Kerr is not in Breakfast at Tiffanys.

It's Audrey Hepburn, George Peppard, Patricia Neal. And it's set in New York.

But now I'm curious about the film that stars your Grandad! You'll have to do some research and let us know which film it is.

Another wonderful outdoor cinema night last night. We went last year and were very happy to go again last night. Well done George, we are looking forwards to next year!

Lots of blankets and jumpers are essential for once the sun goes down as is a ground sheet!

Enjoy if you are going next weekend, I am away but would have gone again!

It was fun - and some serious picnics going on!

Agreed it was chilly towards the end but pretty well organised. Would have been nice if Southwark had topped up the loos with loo-roll etc but other than that really well organised - and easy to get in/out.

My vote if they were doing cheesy 80s movie for next year was Top Gun or When Harry Met Sally.