Best place to get chips with curry sauce in ED??

Oh great - I want to try that - you cannot get any decent curry sauce here!! I do make homemade curry sauce - but it never tastes the same each time, I guess thats because I dont measure anything - but its better than some of the "gravy" like sauces out there :)

Cant wait to try it!!

Can you tell I'm a Northern lass then?! *well, Northampton, does that still qualify??*

Stuck with what I had at home last night, but will try the shop stuff

I had Chips and Curry Sauce from a Chinese takeaway on Northcross road (top end, after crossing over Crystal Palace Rd) -- they were pretty delicious, although the chips were a bit skinny

-- oops, my home isn't a Chinese takeaway off the Northcross rd ...this was a couple of weeks back!!

Sandperson Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> You are a Midlander Lizzy, be proud!

Oooh yes -- I come from the place where, if on a map, you put one finger on the Severn Estuary, one finger on the wash, and move them inland at the same speed, they will eventually fall right on my home town (where the aliens landed, almost!)

i can recommend the bisto chip shop curry sauce granuels have a tub in my cupboard now just for my hubbie, see hes a yorkshire lad and loves chips and curry sauce and chips and gravy so wrong!!! see im a peckham lass and cant stand anything on my chips sept vineger and sauce.

having lived in yorkshire past 20 years i would do time for another taste of mansies pie mash and liquor

Alright,

If your looking for authentic chip shop curry sauce to make at home, what you need to do is go down to the Chinese super market in Peckham, or the one by Camberwell green and get hold of some of this stuff:

http://www.wingyipstore.co.uk/display-product.php?ref=80377&currentpageref=2481

or something similar. It is BOSS and lasts for ages. Recipie: put about half a pint of hot water in a pan, heat and add curry paste until the desired taste and consistency are achieved.