Nigel Rd, Sternhall Lane, Heaton Rd junctions improvements

Eileen

The Council are planning changes to the junctions where Nigel Road, Heaton Road and Sternhall Lane meet Rye Lane and Peckham Rye. This is a complicated and dangerous stretch of road, which has been the subject of previous discussions on this Forum. Now is your chance to have a real influence on what happens.

The Council has some funding to make that area safer. There will be an exhibition on their proposals

next Wednesday 12 August 2009,

at 218 Rye Lane, London, SE15 4NL

7.00pm - 9.00pm.

This is in the empty shop (previously the betting shop) between Nigel Road and Sternhall Lane. This is right in the middle of the stretch of Rye Lane where all these junctions are. If you use the junctions at all, do try to get to the exhibition to see the plans and talk to Council officers about them. It is the best way to understand what is proposed. Please pass this information on to your neighbours as well. If you have any suggestions for improving that area, please post them here to stimulate some ideas. And if you manage to go to the exhibition please post your views and comments afterwards.

computedshorty Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Eileen. There is also for those on the internet

> the direct link to this Application that you are

> interested in. Put the Application Number here and

> all can click on it, read it and post their

> replies direct to the council, you can also read

> the other interested parties remarks and follow

> the progress.

> I have to do this for my Society each week it is

> so much easier than going to the council offices

> and wait while the papers are brought to you then

> you try to read reams of documents on a table in a

> crowded room, and if you do have to take notes it

> takes a long time there. do it from home and take

> your time.

> Application Number Please.

> Or go southwarkboroughcouncil

Can you say what you mean about an application? I just know about this as I was told the date to publish by the road/traffic planners in the Council. They said nothing about an application. I have worked hard to get them to rent this window and empty shop for this exhibition. I have asked for more info but they have left it so late that I had to start putting the info out. I may get some more info on Monday. I just hope a lot of people will get to the exhibition as otherwise it is not easy to understand what is being proposed.

Hi computedshorty

I hadn?t realised I had sent the email by PM. I wondered where it had disappeared to so did it again on the public forum!

Thanks for your concern but actually it is OK in this instance. The traffic engineers and officers have been working with us and we actually had a walkabout with them - advertised on this ED Forum about all the issues. There were about 16 of us on the walkabout. This exhibition was a result of that walkabout, as we wanted many more people to see the plans before they go through the next stages. This will include a formal consultation and a leaflet drop to all the houses in the nearby streets we are told. So this exhibition is an extra that they have put on and not instead of the required procedures.

We now have a copy of the map showing the proposed changes at these junctions. Unfortunately I see that it is too big to be loaded on to this site. Instead I suggest that if you want a copy you email the council roads officer: [email protected]

And don't forget the exhibition is on Wednesday 12th August 7pm-9pm at 218 Rye Lane, SE15 BNL between Sternhall Lane and Nigel Road. The consultation ends on 31 August. For a copy of the consultation Questionnaire email [email protected]