Best route to Heathrow by car avoiding con charge

10am departure from East Dulwich, or 10am departure on your flight?

I've done the journey on weekdays after the rush hour by simply going through Clapham Old Town, over Chelsea Bridge, along the Embankment, up past Earls Court etc. However if you were needing to be at Heathrow by 10am this wouldn't be ideal!

HI,

The best route is via Red post hill, right onto the A23 to the Oval, left to Vauxhall. Over the bridge and follow the north side of the river through Earls Court. Then go left onto the A4... Bobs your auntie , you will be there in no time. Average time for me from Dulwich to Heathrow was 50-60 minutes.

Kind regards,

Libra Carr.

I fly out of LHR around 4 times a month and take the route libracarr mentioned, tho I turn right at the lights at DKH and go down Camberwell Grove to avoid Denmark hill, and rather than vauxhall bridge I carry on south until Chelsea bridge as the lights work in your favour, then follow embankment to EC - A4/M4 - can take anything from 35 minutes on a good day to hour and 40 in heavy traffic......

my inlaws live near heathrow, so Im there regularly. I go DKH, denmark hill, turn riht at the lights, down Camberwell Grove, then left, through oval, Vauxhall Bridge, embankment, earls court, A4/M4. Generally a combo of Liracarr and boomerang