dinner tonight? (suggestions)

GAB

Any ideas for somewhere nice and sociable to go for dinner tonight?

We were thinking along the lines of the Herne Tavern but they aren't serving....please rescue me with alternative suggestions before I'm dragged to GBK (no offense it's lovely but not what I fancy tonight!)

depends what kind of food you like, what kind of evening you are after and what you think constitutes a good dinner - any request for recommendations on here will usually elicit at least one response for every eatery on Lordship Lane - is there any poster whose opinion you value above others?

have a search for the word "restaurant" in the search bar on top left - that will bring up several threads along similar lines

My answer is usually

Indian? Tandoori Nights

Casual but decent? - Hizar

Quality? - Franklins (Palmerston not far behind)

Somwehere different and old school? - Moulin

Thanks Sean, thinking along the lines of not indian, chinese or thai, somewhere with a bit of atmosphere and comuntiy feel to it.....I'm not picky honest! Will google Moulin and Si Mangia

Google doesn't give up a LOT of info about restaurants around here - Moulin for example may as well not exist based on google-evidence

Si Mangia is definitely local and I always wish them well, AND lots of people love it there. I find the food bland tho... Sounds like you are down that way anyway so give it a go