former East Dulwich councillor - how can I help?

Hi,

My name is James Barber and I am one of the two Liberal Democrat East Dulwich ward councillors along with Cllr Rosie Shimell. We're Liberal Democrats and part of Southwark Liberal Democrats.

If you have any issues or concerns related to East Dulwich or Southwark Council then please let me or Cllr Rosie Shimell know. I guarantee we will listen and answer all ideas and issues raised and hopefully help you solve them. Normally I will look in two or three times a week to see any new postings. Alternatively you can email me directly on [email protected].

If you'd like to meet for help - then you can arrange a Skype eSurgery or home visit by contacting me or visit our surgery 7-8pm 4th Thursday of every month (except August) at the East Dulwich Community Centre on Darrell Road.

I look forward to hearing from you, James Barber

-Can we have displays in the bus stops telling us when the next bus is coming?

-When is the lowest block of the DKH estate going to get renovated (corner of Grove Vale and Quorn Rd)?

-What's the current status of the Concrete House mandatory purchase and subsequent repairs?

-Why won't the planning dept allow full width dormers on flats, even though lots of houses have them?

-Can we have some local recycling facilities for energy-saving bulbs?

-What's planned for the house in Dulwich Park (currently boarded up, signs indicating a change of use)

Hi James

thanks for the introduction

I live on the entrance to a one way street in a 20mph zone and drivers constantly enter the road at very high speed can anythng be done about this

I find it difficult to get info on keyworker housing near East Dulwich (other than Peckham) are there any schemes available

I have vacancies availble at my company which would ideally suit school leavers or someone who needs carrer change and I have found it difficult getting details of local funding / training I could use.

Can we please have a city farm on Peckham Rye?

When is Wairose opening?

Hi James

If I can be of any assistance in relation to the train stations that I manage, then please do not hesitate to contact me. My thread is "Station Manager Corner". Maybe working in partnership can only improve further the ralationships with residents and businesses in the Southwark area

Good luck with this although I have to say they have been very kind to me on here.........and I really do get so much out of the people participating in the forum, albeit they have cost me a fortune!

Kind regards

Barry

JBARBER Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Hi,

>

> My name is James Barber and I am one of the three

> East Dulwich ward councillors. My two colleagues

> are cllrs Richard Thomas and Jonathan Mitchell.

> We're Liberal Democrats and part of Southwark

> Liberal Democrats.

>

> If you have any issues or concerns related to East

> Dulwich or Southwark Council then please let me

> know. I guarantee I will listen and answer all

> ideas and issues raised and hopefully help you

> solve them. Normally I will look in once or twice

> a week to see any new postings. Alternatively you

> can email me directly on

> [email protected] or meet me in person

> at one of our surgeries 2nd and 4th Thursday of

> each month 7-8pm at East Dulwich Community Centre

> on Darrell Road.

>

> I look forward to hearing from you, James Barber

HI James,

Can something be done to make the guy from the Hifi store just up Lordship lane from the EDT remove his ropes and chains? They are all over the place, and at worst are a danger, and at best a bloody eyesore. I don't even know why he has them - they serve no point at all, except to annoy me everytime I see them.

Check them out, they're a disgrace.

Thanks,

Toby

Hello councillor.

One thing that bugs me and is potentially dangerous (though, on the whole, just aggravating) is riding bikes on cycles. Please don't take a laissez-faire attitude with it. I know that parents with children and the elderly, as well as those with disabilities and sight problems, can find people cycling on pavements a real pain. Please do something.

I see palm trees and exotic shrubs have sprung up all over Southwark. Whose idea was it to plant palm trees?

May we please have indigenous plants and tree which are beneficial to birds, bees and other insects and wild life. Birds and insects rely on local indigenous plans for their food and well being. Planting these exotic trees would reduce food source for the birds and could result in reduction of bird population.

Local plants are cheaper and beneficial, exotic tropical plants are expensive and environmentally damaging.

On Peckham High Street, outside Peckham Pulse there are six or seven huge pots with large olive trees. What is the point of them and how much did they cost?

Looking forward to your reply.

gerritsmith Wrote:

> Why is the award winning Peckham library so noisy?

I have always thought this too! Not that it is a problem to me - I haven't set foot in it for a few years now. Maybe it is due to its size and, can't quite remember, but are there a good few computers in there?

James

I have two girls aged 6 and 4 - I'm very concerned about what schooling will be available to them at secondary level.

The demographics of ED seem to be changing quite rapidly and better schooling is needed. This process needs to start immediatley.

I'm would not be interested in more Academies. I'm interested in approrpiate schooling for middle income professional families.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Michael.

Peckwich Wrote:

> I have always thought this too! Not that it is a

> problem to me - I haven't set foot in it for a few

> years now. Maybe it is due to its size and, can't

> quite remember, but are there a good few computers

> in there?

Award winning library is a bad design I think. Glass walls reflect sound more than the brick walls.

Lending area and reading area are in the same hall. They should be seperated. They have four floors in the building and don't know what they use other floors for? They have enough space there to seperate reading and lending sections.

Judy

You are interested in "approrpiate schooling for middle income professional families"

Are you aware how bad that reads...I mean ...really bad.

What kind of school do you think non professional families on low or high income want?

Judy2 Wrote:

> James

>

> I have two girls aged 6 and 4 - I'm very concerned

> about what schooling will be available to them at

> secondary level.

>

> The demographics of ED seem to be changing quite

> rapidly and better schooling is needed. This

> process needs to start immediatley.

>