Dog Control on Goose Green - consultation.

Mark

The Council will be consulting later this year on different ways to control dogs on Goose Green in the future. To make sure you hear about this consultation sign up for the Friends of Goose Green mailing list www.friendsofgoosegreen.org.uk.

Sorry I can't answer individual questions about the consultation but questions can be directed at the council officer in charge when it happens. The Friends of Goose Green will of course aim to keep people updated via their mailing list and their website.

Friends of Goose Green have produced a poster to publicise the forthcoming consultation. see attached. Can you print it out and get it posted up on notice boards, shop windows or wherever you spot somewhere it can go locally, etc so we can all help to spread the word as much as possible? and also email it on to other local people you know.

We all know how easy it is sometimes to miss local consultations, so FoGG is aiming to publicise this well in advance so people can get onto the FoGG mailing list and increase the chances of anyone who cares about or uses Goose Green hearing about it at the right time.

FoGG will be at the Peckham Rye Fete tomorrow Saturday 5th September (midday to 5pm). So if you want to come and find about more about FoGG and Goose Green do come and say hello. The Fete is also a really good community event and the food last year provided by the Caf? on their barbecue was great even for vegans as well as everyone else! Highly recommended, and many interests catered for.

Perhaps the coucil can invest in one of those turd motorbikes that hoover them up, I have seen them alot in Switzerland and they seem to work very well,(Swiss efficiency for you) although it would be better if dog owners invest in a poop scoop, some small turd bags and a can do attitude.,

Believe it or not, I am a dog lover, I just have experience of reporting the amount of dog waste left by irresponsible owners. As you say, most owners carry those bags, but I have come across owners who only pick up when being watched! Also, dog control orders seek to ban dogs not from parks but residential estates and the like!

As someone who crosses Peckham Rye Straker's Road every day with small kiddies (off message - not Goose Green???) I'm pretty sick of running the dogpoo gauntlet and cleaning up dog cr*p from my buggy wheels and mine and my children's shoes. No offence to those responsible dog owners who DO clean up but I'll be personally glad to see anyone who doesn't prosecuted for it. The worst are those who walk ahead of their dogs and 'pretend' they don't know they've cra**ed!

Maybe we should rub their (owners') noses in it, or maybe that's cats???

Sadly dog control orders do not just relate to residential estates:

Boring law follows:

Under section 57 of the Clean

Neighbourhoods and Environment Act

2005 a Dog Control Order can be made

in respect of any land which is open

to the air and to which the public are

entitled or permitted to have access

(with or without payment).

And that, I am afraid, relates to Goose Green. I should like to see people who do not clear up after their dogs prosecuted as well, but I suspect that responsible dog owners will be penalised by the council for the actions of the irresponsible.

Am all for rubbing owners noses in it though.

Yours, Poo Neutrally,

If only they all did! Unfortunately even those that do only very shallowly bury which is often worse as you then don't see it until it's too late :-( Very harmful too especially for pregnant women (more so than dog excrement!)

Excrement of any kind in a park, street, garden etc is unpleasant, unfortunately there is no magic solution and starting a witch hunt against dog owners (the vast majority of which do pick up) is not the answer. Deal with the people who don't pick up on an individual basis!

licence all dogs and link their poo to a dna database. A job for the ambitious traffic warden who wishes to transfer to the police- poo detective. And in the lab, poo analylsts (sic)could provide jobs for those bio chemistry graduates hit by current unemployment situation. Sorted.

Eileen

I have to ask, do you spend your life making up acronyms for organisations

FoGG Friend of Goose Green

RSLAG Rye Station lane action group

PV Peckham Vision

I am sure I have heard your name mentioned against other organisations

What next I hear

DHITTO ? Dogs Hanging in Trees Terrorise Oldies ?