Dulwich Medical Centre - why no reply?

Sue

According to their automated message re their opening hours, including 3 - 6pm daily, there should be someone there, but I keep trying and just get a message saying there's noone there to take my call.

Anyone know what's the story? I'm feeling too rough to risk going round there and finding it closed and having to traipse home again, even though it's just round the corner :-S

OK phoned SELDOC and all they could tell me was that DMC was closed.

Although their voicemail says they are open every afternoon between 3 - 6, with a receptionist there between 12 and 3.

Great. I've been trying to get through all afternoon.

Edited to say: And the "surgery hours" link on their website comes up with "page not found".

What's going on?

I've rung seldoc before when dmc are wrongly on night service and they've sorted it out. You can get an appt at seldoc now, anyway. If you call them to arrange to see a doc at seldoc, they will try toget you through to the duty dr at DMC rather than see you themselves, you can be pretty sure.

Thanks, don't think it's that urgent, I just wanted to speak to the receptionist at DMC - sadly have become ill straight after my hols and work want a medical certificate, but don't think they would give me one anyway for less than five days off :-S

Thanks, that's useful.

But by the time I get to see the GP (Monday) I will I hope be better - I think it was either a bad migraine (though haven't had one for years, but probably stress-related) or some kind of bug, feeling a lot better today.

Would never normally go to GP for something like that, but clearly councils don't trust their employees :-S

Well they wouldn't give me a certificate anyway, paid for or not, because I am no longer ill.

And they said I'd have to self-certificate and that that was the law.

All they could say was, if my employer wanted, they could phone the surgery who would confirm they were closed on Friday.