Tesco - crash?

PippaD

i drove past earlier and saw what looked to be a red jag car crashed into the wall, to the right of tesco's car park. Tesco was still open but the police had shut the road going west (toward ED). i'm not sure if anyone was hurt. The car must hvae been going really fast to be able to crash through the wall like that.

I saw the whole accident and a couple walking from the garage to Tesco where hit and sent flying. He was going very fast and hit them side on and the impact was so quick. It did not look good for the male who thrown further than the female. I spoke

to the Police later they had no news on the condition of the couple. Lots of people witnessed it and the police will have enough evidence to bring charges I hope. I hope the couple will survive but it was very serious. Hard thing to witness and to think that your just walking alone and bang your hit by a car.

I was there from the start i saw a jaguar overtake myself and then i think he hit something on the right of the road... then he flew to the left by tesco and hit two males.. italian i think they were.. i got out and went up to them i think you will find there was a silver bike next to them that i think belonged to them.. as everyone here says there were lots of people around. also i think the man THAT WAS MOVED BY SOME PEOPLE will have spinal injures. ALSO I THINK THAT IF ANYONE SEES AN ACCIDENT NEVER MOVE THEM KEEP THEM IN A STRAIGHT LINE. or the way they were found. i really wish the best for them...

Daniel

I was waiting by the cashpoint when incident happened. The car must have been travelling at about 60MPH as it took out the metal bollard at entrance to Tesco, went through the barrier and was stopped by the wall and a car! The couple hit were thrown into the air, it's actually amazing that not more people were hit/killed. I don't understand how the driver was driving at such speed, must have sped through the junction.

There were so many people around and lots of people 'helping' injured but they moved them out of the road, which is not a good idea with that kind of impact. I just think everyone was so shocked.

The injured seemed to be talking and moving, one def more injured than the other, my pregnant instinct was to get out of there as quickly as possible. If any one has news of the injured please post. I really hope they are ok.

okay lets just clarify a few points regarding the accident as there are lots of interpretations of what people "saw". The pedestrians were both male and Brazilian. They were both flung further along the pavement (not into the road). L was put into recovery position as he was choking on his own blood, no other attempt was made to move him. L was very disorientated and trying to get up and moved OF HIS OWN ACCORD despite people trying to keep him still.

Jag was driving at a stupid speed, a scooter was also involved in the accident though the accident was not the scooter's fault. The boy riding the scooter fled in fear of getting in trouble.

I think this silver moped is wrong it was not there i was there 2secs after impact and i can assure you all there was only a silver push bike there also i would like to say that i wish them all the best and hope they are ok and get better soon also i am so glad it did not happen at 3pm when schools are out... did anyone see a green car on the right hand side of the road with a dent on the drivers side i seem to remember a green car... was that involved

I really think as well that the man whom had facial injuries was moved by people whom were trying to help him.. i was asking them to leave him where he was.. also i agree he was trying to move... but anyway i wish them the road to recovery.. hope the driver of the JAG pays for this...

• Administrator
I would ask that people do not speculate about an accident that has just happened. Previously we have had a discussion where "someone was definitely killed" when that someone actually only received minor injuries. As this is a local forum, friends and family of those concerned read this and I do not want them receiving the wrong information, even though it is given with the best intentions.

my boyfriend witness the whole incident ....there was person on scooter drivin eratically up ed rd& guy speeding behind him in the red jag he was trying to over take scooter realised he couldnt due to scooter weaving left & right so then decided to undertake and thats when he swearved into tree on pavement then metal post tescos which caused car to spin round and knock the two pedistrians up into the air tree level and one flew straight down but the other one flew down towards jet scrapeing pavement my bf said he thought the two of them would be dead on impact as car was dong maybe 50 60 MPH...he said it was horrific ... scooter driver was knocked off too but he got back on scooter and drove off ..

leon parker Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I saw the whole accident and a couple walking from

> the garage to Tesco where hit and sent flying. He

> was going very fast and hit them side on and the

> impact was so quick. It did not look good for the

> male who thrown further than the female. I spoke

>

> to the Police later they had no news on the

> condition of the couple. Lots of people witnessed

> it and the police will have enough evidence to

> bring charges I hope. I hope the couple will

> survive but it was very serious. Hard thing to

> witness and to think that your just walking alone

> and bang your hit by a car.

Poor you witnessing such a horrific incident...hope you, and the injured are going to be OK

I would ask that people do not speculate about an accident that has just happened. Previously we have had a discussion where "someone was definitely killed" when that someone actually only received minor injuries. As this is a local forum, friends and family of those concerned read this and I do not want them receiving the wrong information, even though it is given with the best intentions.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

well said Admin!! I think if anyone saw anything, it should be with the police that this is discussed rather than here on an open forum ,This sort of speculation could harm the case against the parties at fault.

best wishes to the injured or affected by this situation.

hugs

Hi everyone, my name is Leo and I am one of the pedestrians that was hit by the car on Tuesday in front of Tesco's. I would like to thank everyone for the nice messages, I am back at home with several injuries. My friend, however, is still in the Intensive Therapy Unit in hospital, recovering from 10 broken ribs, a pierced liver and a twisted oesophagus. We were walking along the pavement, going to the petrol station and we didn't see anything. The first thing I remember is a man and a woman who I would like to thank so much for assisting me and calming me down - they definately helped me a lot.

Leo.