Aggressive dog in Peckham Rye Park Sunday morning

first mate

Beware of a greyish dog that looks a bit like a small dingo and is wearing a harness. It attacked my dog this morning in PRP.

I had seen it earlier worrying another dog in the flower gardens at the entrance, then it ran off - no sign of its owner. When I saw it again, it was over the far side of the lower end of the park with a woman and another dog. I could see it watching my dog so we turned to walk in the opposite direction. But it galloped over, knocked my 16-year-old dog off her feet and then carried on worrying her until I managed to grab her to calm her down.

The owner was a good 50 metres away and did nothing to intervene, but did hold on to the dog as we walked away. Still, I saw it again running around on its own near the Sexby Garden. The owner is clearly unable to control it or can't be bothered.

So do take care of your four-legged friends. I wouldn't want your dog to go through want mine did.

This was posted by Doglover yesterday. It got lounged. I'm posting it in the main section again because it will be useful for dog owners to take note if they have not done so already.

Can you give more of a description of the dog and owner? A very aggressive dog had a go at my dog when we were leaving the park on Sunday morning about 11 am. They were coming in by the Forest Hill Road entrance. I don't remember the owner but the dog seemed like it had some large dark spots in its coat. It could have been grey coloured. I don't remember a harness. It came rushing up to my dog with its teeth bared, snapping and snarling. I have experienced similar problems in the park, once with a Weimeramer who tackled my dog to the ground and started biting her. The owner was a way away, with children in a pushchair and feigned surprise when I started yelling. "What's the problem" were his exact words.

cate,

sorry I can't help. I have not seen the dog in question myself. The original poster, doglover, describes it as looking like a small, grey dingo. I have not seen a dog that fits the description but wanted to get the post back on the main forum area because forewarned...and all that.

Sorry to hear about your dog.