Cyrena Road: Quiz Question

Yes, well done, both right - was particularly thinking of it from snowboarder's point of view. Another way of asking the question would be "Why will you never see a house advertised for sale in Cyrena Road?" - Answer - because nothing has the address cyrena road.

Completely useless piece of trivia, and yet somehow compelling...

Could probably create a complete East Dulwich round for a Magdala quiz along these lines.

Anyway, I'll return to my basket.

Answer: The Shell sign I'm thinking of is in Bawdale Road. It is placed in the middle, upstairs window of the converted building at the LL end, opposite Franklins. Most prominent at night, when it is illuminated. I believe there is a petrol pump in a front garden in Upland Road (not Dunstans), but not Shell.

What, the Discount Tyre Shop? Anyone ever been in there?

Talking of old signs, it's often possible to find old London phone numbers on shops around town. Where, if anywhere, in East Dulwich can you find a building displaying the following at the start of a phone number? (I don't know the answer!):

and for maximum points:

nice questions Muttley

I went in the discount tyre shop today. a tenner to repair a puncture. much more laid back than quick fit who wanted to replace all my tyres!

In my road there are two houses with the same number. How does the postie cope?

mightyroar Wrote:

> In my road there are two houses with the same

> number. How does the postie cope?

He probably goes on strike, that's what they normally do.

You are opening up what might be a rich seam with house numbers. A friend of mine in Woolwich at number 1A renamed her house "Nice 1A". There must be some other good house number/house name curiosities in SE22.