Dog Kennel Hill passers by

i just wanted to extend my gratitude to some passers by who helped me a couple of sundays ago.

some kids threw an apple at me when i was cycling down dog kennel hill. i ended up with cuts and bruises all over and havent been back at work yet. i was really lucky there were no passing traffic because i would have gone under any of them.

4 people stopped, gave witness statements to police and help give first aid. two of them even offered me and my bike a lift home.

if any of them reads this, Thank You so much

Sorry to hear about your incident - particularly as this sounds like the same gang that threw apples at my car three sundays ago (not sure of week but definitely a Sunday) - although this was right up by the dulwich library. I didn't report it for fear of seeming like a middle-aged curmudgeon who would get short shrift from the hard-pressed police for complaining about teenage hi-jinx. Next time i will.

cathg,

i work for the police. we only get upset if people call us because they've lost their tv remote control. even if they had hit a car, it could have distracted the driver enough to cause an accident. as long as you dont call 999, the police wont get upset. we can never have too much information.

wounds are healing now and i'm back at work. as well that ends well, ;-)