Where to watch Guinness Premiership

Ants

Gelboy Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I've always seen rugby in Hoopers. The

> owner/manager is a rugby man so I'd be suprised if

> they didn't show it when you were there.

>

> Or did they not deliver in another way?

He's listed no rugby on his board at all, just football. Went to watch a game a week ago.

Hi Guys, I only stumbled on this thread by accident. But as I'm the guv'nor of Hoopers I would like to correct any inaccuracies about showing rugby here.

Firstly we are pleased to show any sports short of pro-am waterborne bull-fighting, and customers only have to give us a bell to check if we canshow the game. There are so many sports and different games that we usually just put up a selection.

I am very into my rugby, and this summer we not only showed all the Lions games including the mid-weekers, but also some of the Tri-Nations. If there is a Premiership, a Heineken or whatever the Anglo-Welsh is being called this season, we will show it provided that the majority of people can see what they wish on a Sky channel.

And here's the rub. Mr Murdoch's Sky is getting ever more avaricious. If a publican has 2 or more TVs, as we do, we can only show 1 Sky channel, unless we cough up even more money to the plutocrat! And this season, after Sky announced, that for once, they wern't going to put up the subscription charges, in September they quietly withdrew Sky 3 from the package most of us buy (to try and force us to buy what they call their Ultimate package).

So, to this weekend. Sky is showing just 1 game over the weekend, Saturday teatime, Harlequins v Bath, lovely I thought Bloodgate meets the Cocaine Snorters! (no offence folks!), and then I saw they are showing it on Sky 3. Sky are a law to themselves, as monopolies often are. So very few pubs will be in a position to show a complete Guinness Premiership game this weekend. However we can show highlights of all the weekend's games on Sunday evening at 6.30pm.

The good news we willbe showing the Leinster v London Irish Heineken game next Friday 9th at 8pm. Hope some of you guys can make it.

Sorry this post is so long!