Not getting post, Goodrich Road

timtim

We have things that I know were dispatched over a week ago that have still not arrived. I'm on Fellbrigg. I put it down to the post strikes, but am paranoid that my parcels are crushed beneath a pile of undelivered mail somewhere in a warehouse in the midlands never to be seen again.

I'm on Hindmans Road and I'm still waiting for a parcel posted in time for my birthday (so before 11th Sept) which has now gone awol.

Other parcels have arrived in the meantime however, posted around the same time, albeit also quite late.

I'm on Goodrich too and can echo the earlier messages. However, despite working 5 mins from mount pleasant the post there is just the same. My sister posted me a parcel to work on the 10th, got it today - just glad she only sent me jam and not flapjack. We have been waiting for a heap of parcels for the last month and several seem to be suffering from lost card syndrome.

Beware ordering anything delivered by Royal Mail at the moment. Since internet shopping in the last month or so I have 3 out of four deliveries declared missing. They seem to be despatched but never get further than our local sorting/post office.....or disappear somewhere in between? I think there's piles of stuff just left to sort and deliver in the East Dulwich area. Don't the post workers now want extra pay to cover the overtime they'd have to do to make up for all the post left undelivered since they went on strike!?! Such a pain. On Hillcourt Road we occasionally get a bit of old post dropped through the door at about lunchtime, a couple of times a weeek.

Yes, that's what I've noticed has gone missing or taken weeks to arrive, internet purchases. I'm concerned some people in these sorting offices might be pilfering parcels as well. What a shambles. How come Royal Mail is allowed to maintain its monopoly when it's not fit for purpose?

My sister posted my birthday present to me, and I know it was something she had taken the time to make, so I really hope it hasn't been completely lost. Only posted just over a week ago so I guess there's plenty of time yet.

Waiting on a CD from Amazon that would ordinarily have arrived mid week too. Oh well, guess it gives me a good reason to lay off the internet shopping for a while... though Amazon may struggle without me... (not only do I order books, CDs, DVDs but also homeware and even shoes)

Heard on the radio that the latest scam is identity theft achieved by re-directing your mail without your knowledge or permission. If you really aren't receiving any mail you should check that it hasn't been redirected.