Cricket

A few of us played a (very) amature game last season against one of the local regular teams, and would like to play some more this season (more than once anyway). Would anybody be interested in creating a forum team? (of particularly low standards - when I say play I mean we stood at the crease for brief periods of time.....watched the ball fly past us in the field.....and tried our damndist to throw a ball near the batter when blowling!). However, myself and a few friends would like to try and play a little more, but we're not really local side material.....

On another note (a just outside of Dulwich one I'm afraid), Surrey have started taking bookings for the 20:20 season - anybody fancy going (this seemed easier than an e-mail!). The game against Hants caught me eye

http://www.surreycricket.com/ticketing/domestic/

Hmmm, I feel we will indeed lose. Those chaps have been playing together for years and a couple of their batsmen would terrorise my medium/slow right arm action (even with its viciously dipping, swerving flight of course).

However, we could take heart from the fact that they aren't strictly a Clapham team - the name came from a strangled pun on Clap Them In Thirds (some sort of musical term). However, just as The Madness of King George (III) had to be renamed for the yank market because those silly americans thought it was a half-arsed sequel of a sequel, they became Clapham Inn because nobody was prepared to play a 'thirds' team.

It's an old tradition I believe, we renamed our thirds team the 'Tigers' because we couldn't get a game until we pretended to have a personality ;-)