what do people think of the new benches on the rye?

iaineasy

I noticed that they have put some benches around the big oak tree in the middle of therye and just wondered what people think of them? I was having a swift half in the clock house and the bar staff said there has been mixed reactions. I think they are lovley. what do you think??

They do look nice but I'd much rather have the ones replaced that were stolen some months ago from along the path from near Barry road side path that runs to the corner of the Rye toward Nunhead and along the path outside the Cafe and the 1 o'clock club. When the Winter arrives there is nowhere to seat in these areas,as you are unable to sit on the grass.

Its a two man job and I for one wont have a fight with two people on my own,anyone that's big and strong enough to pick up a park bench on there own can get on with it as far as I am concerned and I will let the Police deal with it. It is sad that they see fit to steal them though. I think the ones round the tree are all joined together so hopefully they will remain.