Peckham Rye, Forest Hill Road and environs street audit

earlsam

Our next visual audit will be on the 6th October 2009. I am hoping to cover Peckham Rye and Forest Hill Roads, from the junction of East Dulwich Road to Forest Hill Road junction with Brenchley Gardens.

Meeting place will be Forest Hill Road junction with Brenchley Gardens ( I have attached a map for your convenience).

Date: 6th October 2009

Meeting place: We will meet at Forest Hill Road junction with Brenchley Gardens (see black star at bottom of map - attached)

Inviting officer: Samuel Ofosuhene 02075250815

Southwark Council Area Management Officers do walkabouts to flag up issues. These issues are then reported to the relevant departmets for attention. Normally, we do this with StreetLeaders ( volunteers )but everyone is welcome.

plz plz plz try to do something about the parking outside francesca gabrini primary school, a tragedy waiting to happen.Parents literally parking all four wheels of their cars on the pavement, i have been on to southwark and lewisham making them aware of this problem but to no avail. Will it take a child to be killed for anybody to address this situation.

ian_b Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> dog poo

> dog poo

> dog poo

>

> its everywhere. you'll see plenty on your

> walkabout, on the paths and all over the rye if

> you go there too. owners with no social

> conscience. they're supposed to bag it, right? so

> many dont bother. BAD FORM.

I second this. It's not been so bad lately but there was a time when it was a permanent feature of this stretch of road, including at the bus shelter opposite FHT so you have to skip just in time to avoid it as you get off the bus. Ironically, there is a dog sign painted on the ground on the corner of Marmora Rd.

Yay Sam! You're in business! Hope the walk proves useful taking into account other people's comments here, and I am sorry I can not come with you. I hope other folks from here though who can attend, will come along and meet you and identify problems along the way for you or your colleagues to sort out.

ian_b Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> dog poo

> dog poo

> dog poo

>

> its everywhere. you'll see plenty on your

> walkabout, on the paths and all over the rye if

> you go there too. owners with no social

> conscience. they're supposed to bag it, right? so

> many dont bother. BAD FORM.

Agree that because of the few who don't bag it is a problem, but you imply that there are many that don't- what is your evidence? Remember dogs go at least twice a day, it would only take one or two offenders to create a significant amount of dog poo in the area. As I keep saying, those who show selfish beahviour in this area are as likely to show it in others, I have a big problem about broken glass, gum and chicken bones that seem to be everywhere too.