The Haunting of Dulwich

Residents of Fellbrigg Road are often woken by the sound of a dray horse clattering up their street at night, snorting in terror.

Cats will not step foot in 168B, Barry Road.

The door on the third cubicle down on the left at the East Dulwich Baths often swings open, despite users swearing they have locked it securely.

The spare room at 32 Glengarry Road cannot be heated beyond 8?C, even on the hottest summer day.

A small child dressed in Victorian clothing will often join those waiting for the 13 bus at the bottom of Whateley Road. He waits for the bus, growing ever more nervous, and then when it arrives runs away in terror.

This is weird:

Last Saturday morning, I got a selection of tools out of the toolbox in the cellar, with the intention of repairing a broken door handle - and placed them on the kitchen table, next to the fruit bowl. Anyway, to cut a long story short, I didn't repair the door handle, electing instead to sit in the garden, then open some wine, watch X-Factor and then go to bed.

The next morning, the tools were no longer next to the fruit bowl - they had been put in a carrier bag and thrown down the stair back into the cellar.

This has happened on several occasions now. Freaky or WHAT?

About ten years ago I used to hear bagpipes at 6 in the morning coming from the middle of Dulwich park. It wasn't unpleasant, I've long been a closet fan of the strangled cat. But for some time I dismissed it as just a new addition to the dissonant orchestra that goes on in in my head but one morning the wife heard it too.

After a few months it stopped and now I quite miss it.

Anyone else heard the phantom piper at the gates of dawn?

Similar story to *Bob*. My missus being 8 months pregnant elects to have a single glass of wine most Saturdays now, being practically allergic to the filthy stuff but also in sympathy to her and my liver I am restricting myself to 4 cans of Stella (with a financial penalty too of no 6 for a ?5 from Bossman). Anyway, she has her glass whilst we watch X-Factor and then Waddles off to bed putting 2/3 of a bottle of wine in the fridge. Come Sunday, without fail, the recycling box has 4 cans of Stella and an empty bottle of wine..spooky and not ammusing in my hungover state. *Bob* is it possible that X-factor carries some malignant spirit that come out of the TV a la Poltegeist (not sure if it happened in Poltegeist 2) to disrupt our domestic arrangements?

Ted Max Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> The door on the third cubicle down on the left at

> the East Dulwich Baths often swings open, despite

> users swearing they have locked it securely.

This happened to me. It wasn't a ghost though, it was a strange man with a tool kit, saying something about "fixing the door".