Incident at Goose Green Roundabout?

EDL

Don't know full story

Saw person laying on road when went to collect son from Goose green.

By the time we returned there was 2 ambulance, 1 rapid response, 1 Dr's car and 2 police vehicles and afore mentioned helicopter.

Do not know what happened to gentleman but he wasn't taken away in helicopter which has to be a good thing i think

Get well wishes to him

Don't know full story

Saw person laying on road when went to collect son from Goose green.

By the time we returned there was 2 ambulance, 1 rapid response, 1 Dr's car and 2 police vehicles and afore mentioned helicopter.

Do not know what happened to gentleman but he wasn't taken away in helicopter which has to be a good thing i think

Get well wishes to him

As the driver of the car involved, I can reveal that the man who was injured on his head had already crossed the road at the zebra crossing, very shakily (he was apparently very drunk) and I waited for him to cross properly on to the pavement. He was then reaching out for the lamppost (whilst standing on the pavement) and I drove away to the roundabout junction lines. Then he fell into my car.

I didn't run over his head. But I do think my wheel hit his head. According to the traffic police officers who interviewed me, his head would have been completely mashed if I'd run over him (which it wasn't). The air ambulance arrived along with all the emergency vehicles mentioned before. I was interviewed under caution, (not arrested), breathalysed (I don't drink) and then my car was inspected by the traffic police.

The police cordoned off the entire area. My daughter couldn't go to the doctor's appointment, the NHS rescued this man and the last I heard, he had had an x ray and they were waiting for a CT scan before they'd (the doctors) would know whether his injury (on the left hand side of his forehead/temple) was "life changing" or "life threatening".

I'm sorry guys - I'm pretty stressed and het up about this at the moment. The man literally fell into my car and there were at least 3 witnesses who corroborated this. What I find most distressing/upsetting is that I actually waited before the zebra crossing to be absolutely sure he'd crossed safely, because I could see how drunk he was. Had I not waited then he wouldn't have fallen into the rear passenger door of my car.

I hope that satisfies curiosity. I'm not able to get an update on his health because I'm not a relative.

A pretty rubbish day for me, him and most of South East London if the local traffic jams it caused were anything to go by. :(

As the driver of the car involved, I can reveal that the man who was injured on his head had already crossed the road at the zebra crossing, very shakily (he was apparently very drunk) and I waited for him to cross properly on to the pavement. He was then reaching out for the lamppost (whilst standing on the pavement) and I drove away to the roundabout junction lines. Then he fell into my car.

I didn't run over his head. But I do think my wheel hit his head. According to the traffic police officers who interviewed me, his head would have been completely mashed if I'd run over him (which it wasn't). The air ambulance arrived along with all the emergency vehicles mentioned before. I was interviewed under caution, (not arrested), breathalysed (I don't drink) and then my car was inspected by the traffic police.

The police cordoned off the entire area. My daughter couldn't go to the doctor's appointment, the NHS rescued this man and the last I heard, he had had an x ray and they were waiting for a CT scan before they'd (the doctors) would know whether his injury (on the left hand side of his forehead/temple) was "life changing" or "life threatening".

I'm sorry guys - I'm pretty stressed and het up about this at the moment. The man literally fell into my car and there were at least 3 witnesses who corroborated this. What I find most distressing/upsetting is that I actually waited before the zebra crossing to be absolutely sure he'd crossed safely, because I could see how drunk he was. Had I not waited then he wouldn't have fallen into the rear passenger door of my car.

I hope that satisfies curiosity. I'm not able to get an update on his health because I'm not a relative.

A pretty rubbish day for me, him and most of South East London if the local traffic jams it caused were anything to go by. :(

Thank you buggie. I'm wavering in and out of shock, completely dazed and in disbelief and also anger, because he was very obviously drunk (in fact this particular gentleman has approached me and my son before in the barbers on East Dulwich Road and tried to force my son (aged 3) to take ?5 off him (!).

So as soon as I saw him on the zebra crossing and how slowly he was moving, I was being ultra, ultra cautious. And a fat lot of good that did either him or me...

The adrenaline has mostly subsided now. But I still can't quite believe it happened. If I'd actually been at any fault I guess it would in some ways be easier to take in - but I wasn't. It feels rather like being hit by a meteor, tbh. Completely out of the blue and very unpleasant. :( :( :( :(

If I'd not waited to check he'd crossed completely, my car wouldn't have been where it was when he fell over. So many if onlys, but there we are.

To cap it all, my children are very distressed at the non appearance of their mother at the usual time/routine, so my evening is panning out very badly. Hence me hiding in the office and typing this, instead of ministering to my kids, who need a bit of tlc, too.

Thank you buggie. I'm wavering in and out of shock, completely dazed and in disbelief and also anger, because he was very obviously drunk (in fact this particular gentleman has approached me and my son before in the barbers on East Dulwich Road and tried to force my son (aged 3) to take ?5 off him (!).

So as soon as I saw him on the zebra crossing and how slowly he was moving, I was being ultra, ultra cautious. And a fat lot of good that did either him or me...

The adrenaline has mostly subsided now. But I still can't quite believe it happened. If I'd actually been at any fault I guess it would in some ways be easier to take in - but I wasn't. It feels rather like being hit by a meteor, tbh. Completely out of the blue and very unpleasant. :( :( :( :(

If I'd not waited to check he'd crossed completely, my car wouldn't have been where it was when he fell over. So many if onlys, but there we are.

To cap it all, my children are very distressed at the non appearance of their mother at the usual time/routine, so my evening is panning out very badly. Hence me hiding in the office and typing this, instead of ministering to my kids, who need a bit of tlc, too.

It sounds like it really wasn't your fault. If someone had fallen out of a window onto your car it wouldn't have been your fault either. It must be really distressing but keep reminding yourself that it wasn't your fault, it was something someone did to you not the other way round.

Let the hospital deal with the man who was injured and focus on your own family. And stop blaming yourself or thinking you could have done something different to prevent this happening.

It sounds like it really wasn't your fault. If someone had fallen out of a window onto your car it wouldn't have been your fault either. It must be really distressing but keep reminding yourself that it wasn't your fault, it was something someone did to you not the other way round.

Let the hospital deal with the man who was injured and focus on your own family. And stop blaming yourself or thinking you could have done something different to prevent this happening.

Your kind support and encouragement are much appreciated. I'm feeling in limbo somewhat - I can possibly get an update on what's happening/going to happen from the "Traffic Department" (Police) in a few days' time - apparently it will be up to six months from yesterday to decide whether this will need to go to court (!!!!!!!!!!!). Don't know how I can find out about the man's health. I KNOW it wasn't my fault, and this was corroborated by the witnesses who actually saw him fall, but it still feels awful that it was my car he fell into.

The police said it was because he had a head injury that they "ramp up" the degree of response (i.e., the helicopter, ambulances, doctors, police cars, closed roads, etc). On the grounds that they can downgrade the response, but it's more difficult to ramp it up.

Terrible business though (shakes head despairingly).