What does East Dulwich lack?

cazkid

Just trying to find out some info about what east dulwich lacks in business terms, coffee shops, gyms, sandwich shops

any ideas?

anything that you had in your last neighbourhood but not in east dulwich that you miss?

would love to hear your response.

Bit off topic but I was wondering how the bike shop on ED Road is getting on... I remember when moving to ED a couple of years ago and thought it would be a good business venture as there wasn't one... if only I had the drive, know-how and a bit of balls to do my own thing I could have been in there before them!!!!

A B&B or hotel please. I know about the Uplands, but their rooms aren't all en-suite and their double bed isn't big enough or firm enough for my parents - and it's above a pub!! We need a B&B with a choice of rooms and bed-sizes.

Is that sarcasm? Surely between the multitude of corners shops. Pretty Traditional, and the guy next to the ED Warehouse, fruit and veg is covered?

Bakers maybe - I haven't tasted anything amazing from any of the bakers, cheap or expensive (although I'm partial to the bread in the Turkish shop opposite the Bishop)

I second a good B&B. A simple 3 or 4 bedroomed B&B, not a fancy over expensive boutique hotel nonsense, but a good simple B&B. Perhaps if Foxtons were to close down that would be a nice place to have it!

And if everything we all ever needed was in ED we'd have no need to go around the rest of London. London's fab to explore!

OK then so how about a river?

A helipad, obviously. A stall selling freshly made felafel.

And a Mr Ben-type costume shop to try on outfits and have adventures.

In the meantime, I'm with Sean on the Turkish bread (try it with bacon and chilli pickle for the ultimate in fusion cuisine!)

A nice B&B would be a good one - but maybe it would be hard to make it work with reasonable rates, given local house prices.

An indie cinema would be awesome. One which sells warm toffee popcorn, fresh smoothies, and cakes. And beer.

A record shop comes up time and time again, but much as it pains me to admit it, the local record shop we remember from our youths probably isn't a viable business these days - unless you combine it with games, electronics, DVDs, etc.