Peckham Park Adventure Playground

marcos

Marcos,

This does seem to have been going on for ages and I?ve been chasing up the council?s Play Services Department for what?s going on. What they?ve told me is that Phase One was completed on time in July, then work was suspended over the summer, as this is when the site was used by summer play-schemes, hence the delay.

Work on Phase Two began last week and during the next 6/7 weeks a number of new features are being constructed, including a tyre swing, large border swing, nest swing, aerial runway, walkways and the 'assault' course finished.

It?s being linked with this year?s Cleaner, Greener, Safer programme to facilitate the relocation of the two container units. The larger unit will be positioned in the vacant triangle, next to the play building and will be used by Southwark Carrib FC.

Over and above the planned school use of the site (during the school day ), the facility and/or building can be hired for community use and appropriate child based activities, eg birthday parties, training sessions, local events, etc. The contact number for the site is 0207 635 5855. I?ve attached information which the Play Services Dept has given me regarding the open access times.

So the work should be finished by the New Year. It sounds like it will be great when it?s finished. From next year Lottery funding will also enable the Play Services Dept, to offer a closed access session for children with disabilities, which is great news.

I?m amazed at how many fantastic areas Peckham Rye Park and Common packs in nowadays ? it's a real tardis of a park. If you?ve got any other questions regarding the playground, let me know and I?ll get on to the council again.

Thanks

Laurie

www.laurieeggleston.org

Twitter.com/Laurie1984

I have a question:)) I walk past the playground on almost a daily basis, in the entrance to the playground on the right hand side is a fence and it has a sign on it which says something like "Asbestos controlled area" or something like that. What does it mean, does anyone know?

Thanks