Has Chopsticks reopened??

One thing we don't need is more curry houses round here! Why did the chopsticks close, lack of business? I never went in myself, just didnt like the look of the place for some reason, possibly others thought the same?

If I had my way I decent italian pizzaria retaurant would open up there. It still surprises me that there isnt one on LL, a pizza place with 'mama mia' style italian chefs and waiters would coin it for sure.

I hear you - and I agree that a place like that would do really well on the lane. But compared to where we were 3 years ago, the selection of Italians has improved beyond all hope

If Chopsticks became a SOUTH Indian restaurant tho, that would be sufficiently different from all of the Anglo Banglo places currently in place and I wouldn't mind.

If it became a really good chinese I would be even happier. Or the long mooted Vietnamese for that matter

I popped in today to look at the pop up and didn't realise just how nice the garden out the back is

Without doubt a good Vietnamese restaurant would do well, but no doubt it's a huge financial outlay to start a new restaurant.

I remember Chopsticks when it was just a take-away and had been disappointed withn the food more than once so never went back when it became a proper Restaurant.

Let's be honest though, we don't really need another Curry House!

A "curry house"! What a sad, limiting and shallow term to describe what COULD be a treasure trove of culinary delights, which a good Indian restaurant generally is...! Wait for what was chopsticks to reopen and then vote on whether you think it's a "curry house" or something far superior. And no, I'm not one of the owners, neither am i family! Just someone who likes to keep an open mind about things and not prejudge them.

Bit harsh Shaila?? I don't think curry 'house' is a shallow term but a description most people can identify with.... has no bearing on the culinary delights any restaurant offers... there are good/bad all types of eateries.... I would not take offence about a very widely used description of an Indian Restaurant....

Sue Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> But Indian food isn't all about "curries", is surely the point??

Spot on. If it is turned into something like the restaurants around Drummond Street it will be a fantastic addition and very different from anything available at present.

dc Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Sue Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > But Indian food isn't all about "curries", is

> surely the point??

>

> Spot on. If it is turned into something like the

> restaurants around Drummond Street it will be a

> fantastic addition and very different from

> anything available at present.

xxxxxxx

Yes indeed, or even better, something like Ganapati!

If it was even half as good as Ganapati it would still be better than the rest of the Indian restaurants on Lordship Lane ....