Getting home to East Dulwich yesterday evening

katie1997

Did anyone else have trouble getting home yesterday? 176 was cancelled (they didn't tell anyone who waited for an hour at the stop..).

And the 12 which was running stopped without prior warning in Peckham ??(I think...don't know S.London well) and there was no way to get to Dulwich. Taxi companies had a 30m-2hr waiting time! I was extremely thankful to a fellow female passenger on her own who arranged for a group who were going in the same direction to walk together...it would have been very scary otherwise.

To add insult to injury was the fact that a number of 'out-of-service' buses sped past us at breakneck speed after they said they weren't going near Barry Road (or anywhere!) as it was "too dangerous".

Why are we always surprised by wintry weather in December in this part of the country?? *sigh*. However, the incident restored my faith in human nature...what a wonderful lady to meet and I hope she and the others made it home safely.

(Locked because there is a duplicate thread (see next message)) - The Administrator