Sainsbury's tonight

????

Busy, but not as busy as I thought it would be. Lots of pushy people, amd any, many dopey people leaving their trolleys in the middle of busy aisles.

I like to think that the 'if you've taken the wrong trolley bring it to customer services' announcements are caused by annoyed people shifting stupidly parked trolleys to the other end of the store...

I was there earlier this afternoon and it wasn't as bad as I had expected - carpark was busy but fine if you were willing to walk from the far side and not fight for a park right by the entrance.

I got some interesting advice from the lady behind me in the queue regarding saving money by buying a turkey from Iceland and using a combination of all purpose seasoning and meat tenderiser (applied a week before xmas). Maybe next year!

Sounds like everyone else decided that it would be quieter earlier on in the day like me, when I was there people were parking anywhere they could fit, in front of the recycling bins, on the access road, it was madness, and the people they had marshalling the cars just kept waving everyone into the carpark even though there was a massive jam.

It was bloody manic around 4pm, place was rammed as was carpark.

However, didn't have to queue long.

Sadly spent far too much - only went in for some flowers and a bottle of brandy for my stepmother, ended up with a trolley full of reduced/three for two toys etc, however seem to have stocked up for next Christmas :))

Hi all

I did Sainsbury about 9pm last evening...not too bad.

I grew up in a family used to getting by on very little, and I find shopping like that at Sainsbury's is worrying. All that consumption! I expect there to be a "day of reckoning", and I cannot be relaxed about it.

I'm happier when the shops are shut and the holiday is on.

Walkie talkie for under a fiver and National Geographic/National Trust childrens' gifts for very little were bargains in my view, especially at three for two, for grandchildren/nephews/nieces birthdays during the year plus next Christmas.

I'd have had to have spent money at some point anyway, just over a longer period. But would have been a lot more because the things I bought in Sainsbury's yesterday were so cheap.