Victoria To London Bridge Train Service (2012)

Does anybody know the very latest re: the London Bridge-Victoria train service.

I read that South Eastern trains is planning to withdraw this service from 2012 - too shocking for me to compute !

Does anybody have any more up to date/reliable information ?

Also, any advice on the most effective way to continue lobbying for this decision to be reversed ?

I wrote to South Eastern about a year ago when this plan was first mooted - and then hoped it had gone away.

There are heaps of posts about this on another thread but I will add that I saw Mayor Boris yesterday talking about a London train circle route which would include I would have thought Victoria to London Bridge, so why get rid of it. Anyway, search for the other thread.

The decision to close the South London Line has been jointly taken by the Mayor of London Boris Johnson and Governments Transport Secretary.

The outer circle train line proposed would probably be a combination of the North London Line and East London Line phase 2. It wont help SLL.

American Robin Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Does anybody know the very latest re: the London

> Bridge-Victoria train service.

> Also, any advice on the most effective way to

> continue lobbying for this decision to be reversed

> ?

Hi American Robin - this might help:

* See Southwark Rail Users? Group *stop rail cuts campaign* web page here http://www.bellenden.net/rail-cuts for a comprehensive summary of the campaign actions, news, achievements and background.

* If you use one of the rail stations in Southwark, do please email [email protected] to join the SRUG mailing list. We need as many users as possible to be easily contactable.

• 1 month later...

The latest up date I have on the TfL/London TravelWatch South london Line study.

Five options being reviewed. None of them keep the SLL.

Option 1 : modified East London Line service from Dalston Junction of 4 trains per hour - 2 trains to Clapham Junction and 2 trains to Victoria

Option 2 : modified East London Line service from Dalston Junction of 6 trains per hour ? 4 trains to Clapham Junction and 2 trains to Victoria

Option 3 : A 2 trains per hour service between Victoria and Bellingham.

Option 4 : A package of measures: Additional stops in 2 of the 4 existing Orpington ? Victoria services at Clapham High Street & Wandsworth Road stations outside of peak times AND additional stops in the 2 trains per hour Gillingham or Dover / Ramsgate services at Peckham Rye & Denmark Hill stations.

Option 5 : A package of measures: An additional service of 2 trains per hour between Hither Green and Victoria at peak times AND running of the existing two trains per hour Dartford ? Victoria service all day, every day, which would also stop at Clapham High Street & Wandsworth Road stations outside of peak times.

Analysis of these five options will complete in Mid March which will then be reviewed with Network Rail and the Dept of Transport. My hunch would be that as the SLL protests have gone quiet the report will be held back until after national elections - sure prudah will be stated.

Then local Labour MPs will be safe for another 4-5 years while the service is queitly retired with above options having 'technical' reasons for not progressing. I'm having a bad cynical day.

Hi mikese22,

Do you mean the Rail Utilisation Study consultation?

Certainly no consultation broadcast to residents in London. If you were really in the know you might have found a consultation. As an elected representative I've never been consulted. The council were consulted and made it views crystal clear.

Huge social disbenefits of isolating large swathes of South London from direct train services to where jobs are located in Victoria and London Bridge.

Who in East Dulwich has a strong desire to commute to Dalston the alternative being proposed?

I've attached the Save the South London Line latest short report.

• 1 month later...
So when the tallest building in Europe is about to open on his doorstep the Mayor is thinking about reducing the transport links into it! Arse/elbow anyone? I guess Boris will just rely on that old Tory strap line and tell everyone to "get on their bikes"! (Which I would be more than happy to do if I didn't think the thing will be nicked as soon as I've locked it up).