What's happening to Crystal Palace Road?!

rosieglow

Just posting as there's been two spates of burglaries in the last couple of months (including our flat!), damage to a friend's motorbike (a rivet in the tyre), and a big police presence on Friday night moving on a gang of people drinking and parting in the street! Is Crystal Palace Road going bad?! Answers on a postcard please...

It's a very long road with lots of people living on it. I doubt that it's 'going bad' simply because there have been burglarie s, a bit of bike damage and a party out of bounds. (10 points to the person who gets that ref.)

rosieglow - so sorry to hear about the burglaries and damage to the bike. I bumped into that same gang on Uplands Rd/Hindmans Rd junction on my way home on Fri eve - they were shouting and mucking about by the cars and bins. Police car sat outside that area for ages the following day. Not sure what damage they actually did. They all looked like teenagers to me. Was quite scary walking past them although I was on the pavement and they were in the middle of the road...I hope Crystal Palace Road doesn't go bad and this is a one off incident. xx

I've noticed quite a bit of shouting in my street on weekend evenings in the past couple of weeks, which there never used to be - once or twice I've (bravely!) gone out to have a look but haven't really seen anything going on.

I live in Ulverscroft Road which runs parallel to Crystal Palace Road and is a short walk away.

My name is Barbara and i would like to offer my cleaning services to You.I already clean for a family in east dulwich who are happy to provide a reference for me.I am hard working,honest,and reliable.I charge 9 pounds per hour.Please call me ON 07521475670.I am happy to meet for an interview.

As I was saying, CPR is not some Dirty Back Road (KidKruger!) It's got a lot of people on it and it's generally well kept with hardly any derelict or shabby premises. If the noise from the gang is persistent, I'd definitely inform the local PSOs.

Mightyroar understands me so well. Families round here have always tended to flee to the burbs when their children reach teens, but some stay and since there are far more primary children here now than for decades, expect more teens soon. Worth thinking about where they'll be expected to hang out.

Funnily enough, when I was a teen living in ED, I never hung around in ED. I did my cider drinking around Blackheath, New Cross and Greenwich, because that's where my school pals lived, and where the pubs we'd get served in were.

Are there really that many more primary kids? There are the same amount of primary schools as there were when I was a kid.

rosieglow Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Just posting as there's been two spates of

> burglaries in the last couple of months (including

> our flat!), damage to a friend's motorbike (a

> rivet in the tyre), and a big police presence on

> Friday night moving on a gang of people drinking

> and parting in the street! Is Crystal Palace Road

> going bad?! Answers on a postcard please...

Rosie, look me in the eyes. Everything's All Right. It really is. I rarely take my swordstick with me when venturing out to a hot food carry-out these days.

This is East Dulwich, not bloody Harlow or bleeding Faversham.

So cool your boots and know everything's alright forever. Or at least until forever decides to stick his old puss round the door.

Anyway hope this postcard finds you as it leaves me.

CUDDLES XXX

sniffy Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Needed all my Ninja skilz to get home from the

> CPT!!

> http://cinematropolis.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/

> ninja-assassin-rain_l.jpg

Honestly, a chap has a picture taken with the assurance it will remain in private hands and then it's published without his permission.

Frankly I feel a little soiled. Not to say invaded.