Possibly a bizarre M&S twist

Guest Louisa

A friend of a friend who works for the marketing department at M&S sent some information back to me regarding a recent request about the possibility of an M&S simply food store opening up somewhere in Dulwich, preferably LL. I have just received word that M&S had apparently, according to an unnamed source, been looking into buying up an area of land close to the Nags Head pub at the top end of Rye Lane in Peckham (presumably the few derelict shops and patch of land next to it) and were considering the site for redevelopment. I contacted the information help line and was met with neither a yes or a no to confirm whether this was in fact the case. So I have requested further information back from my friend on this one, as I am kind of in the dark, but the area we are talking about here is quite a large area of land and has a car park directly behind it. I would have put money on M&S considering a move into ED, but certainly not back into Peckham, as they moved out of there in 1988. Anyone able to add to this?

To be fair, we have managed to go at least a week without some "friend of a friend" style M&S rumour, so at least that's something.

Maybe your friend actually heard that someone is planning to open an S&M club and the story got slightly distorted as it was passed along the chain? ;-)

My friends, sisters, uncles, cousins, great aunt, knows this guy who saw this girl was eating at a cafe one day and heard this guy who wanted to work at M&S saying that during his job interview someone mentioned that M&S was going to buy up the entire LL estate and turn it into a great big M&S. It will sell independently grown organic food & middle class clothes and all the young families in ED will love it because there's space for the pram to park while you sip your Nero coffee in store!

Please Louisa, give me a break on this here say RUBBISH! You should be a reporter with the lack of factual information in that post.

Sorry everyone, I am only passing on information which I had requested following the constant whining and moaning about whether M&S would be considering a move into ED from certain forum members. I thought it would be nice to find out once and for all, and as it goes, I obviously didn't! Anyway, Batdog, it may well be that the Nags Head is closing down? I have no idea, all I have been told is that the redevelopment site will be at the Peckham Rye end of the lane, next to the car park, and all I can think of is a brown field site next to a few derelict shops and of course the Nags Head pub...