Car window smashed on Friday night

Hello ED forum massive,

We had the passenger window of our car smashed on Friday night - we live on Goodrich Road, the Lordship Lane end. It must have happened between 7pm and 9pm so we can't even point the finger at drunken yobs rolling out of the pub... Probably kids. It doesn't look like they tried to nick anything, seems to be a random act.

Has anything similar happened to anyone else recently? We called the police but other than getting a crime number they're not really interested... surprise surprise.

e!)

Joe

locked because there is already a thread discussing car crime - The Administrator

Yep... my driver's side door was done just before Christmas. Again, no attempt to get in, just casual vandalism I suppose. Was a bit unusual because it was around 8am Sunday morning, odd time for that kind of thing.

I got a knock on the door from a couple of PCSOs who were very sweet and sympathetic. Still made me angry though... the car hadn't even been repaired from having the bumper stolen.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Latest Discussions

• A quick Google found this, amongst other things: "Social impact models are frameworks or approaches that guide how organizations or initiatives address social or environmental problems."
    • "If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck then it must be a duck" comes to mind Unfortunately, a large number of cyclists do exhibit selfish amd anti social behaviour which, regardless of how many good cyclists there are, is seen as the norm.  It's a bit like one car driver jumping a red light and all car drivers getting tarred by the same brush. Perception is the issue and if cyclists all obeyed the rules, everyone would be less anti them but unfortunately that isn't the case 🤔
    • Crikey. How did you know it was Immigration Enforcement? 
    • Saying cyclists are the most antisocial people in London isn't helpful.  Nor is the Standard referring to cyclists as lycra clad louts  Yes we can have an adult conversation.  But emotive knee jerk nonsense is not going to achieve this and just plays into the hands of those wanting a manufactured culture war 
Home
Events
Sign In

Sign In

Or sign in with one of these services

Search
    Search In