Bicycle stands wrapped up ?

ruffers Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I'd like to see them all have a big red ribbon on,

> then simultaneously and ceremonially opened.

*dons posh hat and adopt regal voice*

...I name this cycle rack...may all those who...

Hi dbboy,

Councillors are aware and have made council officers doubly aware that after this cold winter, and it was bitterly cold over the weekend again, that we have many more potholes exiting this winter than usual.

We've assigned another ?4M for road and lighting renewals this coming financial year of which ?3.2M will be spent on renewing roads. Thats a lot of potholes and roads be fixed.

But all those potholes can't be repaired quickly. While the weather is still freezing overnight more potholes will appear. Water seeps in cracks, freezes and when thaughing cracks the road surface further creating potholes.

HI

As a cyclist I second this motion, in fairness the massive pothole outside netto has been filled in since I reported it, but there has been many more I have also reported via the LCC tfl link that haven't even had an acknowledgement let alone any repair works done. Rye Lane is lethal.

James,

The whole length of Rye Lane requires attention, it's not just a case of filling in potholes, it requires a FULL resurfacing. If you look at the centre of the road that's where the damage is. No idea what has caused it, it may be the winter, but I can guess at something else.

Public funds should be used appropriately and not for what ineffect is a cosmetic job on the Nigel Road junction replacing what seemed to ne a useable road with "pretty" looking bricks to slow down traffic onto a side turning, width restrictions and reshaping the jumction. This causes traffic chaos as a consequence in the morning. PUBLIC funds should be better used for where the needs really exist.

Is this work being done as it's the end of the financial year and the Council need to maximise it's spend. The councillors who signed off the work and Council Officers who recommended this to be done should be held to account and then fired on the spot.

The Councillors for Rye Lane are Mark Glover and Gordon Nardell - why not try emailing them - presumably they will be very engaged in getting things sorted, as it's their patch and they should be able to tell you what is planned for the Lane. (No offence to James by the way, I'm sure he's very engaged too - but the Lane is a Peckham ward issue, not ED).

[email protected]/[email protected]

Ladymuck Wrote:

> ruffers Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > I'd like to see them all have a big red ribbon

> on,

> > then simultaneously and ceremonially opened.

>

> *dons posh hat and adopt regal voice*

>

> ...I name this cycle rack...may all those who...

What a gear notion LadyM. Let's lobby the council to give them individual names.

May I somewhat inevitably suggest Mott The Hoople for the one nearest the CPT.

On the basis that the bassist Pete Overend Watts never met a bike he didn't like.

HonaloochieB Wrote:

> What a gear notion LadyM. Let's lobby the council

> to give them individual names.

> May I somewhat inevitably suggest Mott The Hoople

> for the one nearest the CPT.

> On the basis that the bassist Pete Overend Watts

> never met a bike he didn't like.

Now there's a thought...and what about names such as "Whizz Kid", "At the Crossroads", and "Movin On"...the potential for creative naming of bike racks is virtually endless. Though perhaps not "No Wheels To Ride", as one wouldn't wish to give the local bike wheel thieves an excuse to steal. Would one?

*rings Councillor Barber*

Ladymuck Wrote:

> HonaloochieB Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

>

> > What a gear notion LadyM. Let's lobby the

> council

> > to give them individual names.

> > May I somewhat inevitably suggest Mott The

> Hoople

> > for the one nearest the CPT.

> > On the basis that the bassist Pete Overend

> Watts

> > never met a bike he didn't like.

>

> Now there's a thought...and what about names such

> as "Whizz Kid", "At the Crossroads", and "Movin

> On"...the potential for creative naming of bike

> racks is virtually endless. Though perhaps not

> "No Wheels To Ride", as one wouldn't wish to give

> the local bike wheel thieves an excuse to steal.

> Would one?

>

> *rings Councillor Barber*

LadyM, I could not be more in love with you.

You teased me with 'Whizz Kid' but then you throw in 'No Wheels To Ride', which of course it would take a heart of stone to resist. You temptress.

I can do nothing else but fall at your feet in helpless adoration.

Obviously apologies to Mister LadyMuck, but in many ways it serves him right for getting involved with a 'Midnight Lady' such as your good self.