FAO Oakhurst Grove residents (I am annoyed by someone's wheelie bins)

I used to live on a street in ED where parking was v difficult. The people opposite me used to put their bins out to save "their" parking space. If I couldn't find a space on the road I would just put the bin back on the pavement and park there. After a while they obviously came up with an arrangement with their next door neighbour who, despite having a large paved front garden, would park his huge motorbike on the road, parallel to the kerb, when they went out, therefore creating a ready made space for when they returned. Just a bit pathetic. Their other "trick" was to put 2 bins out with a sign stating "skip arriving soon" - needless to say the skip never arrived... Just move the bins and park where you like.

Horsebox I dunno wot's got in to but can't you play nicely? ;-)

Some people feel better after airing their frustrations - whether its on here, to a family member or friend or even the cat. Let people be!

TheALL do be careful you don't provoke a situation where violence (from either side) may arise. Remember it is only a parking space and a wheely bin :)

Yes it is an offence, obstructing the highway. But it's down to the police, who clearly have better things to do. The council can't do much. The answer is, of course, residents' parking, but I've seen the popularity of that on here! We have a similar problem with cones.

Take the wheelie bins and leave them a few streets away. It's a shared street for crissakes, we all have to park according to what's avaiable on our streets don't we ? Perhaps they've lived there for years and were used to having 'their' space always available but now with more cars and greater density of dwellings (houses to flats) they feel they have the right to 'guard' their parking 'entitlement'.

Perhaps you need to buy yerself an old strech limo ;-)

Maybe they're just being neighbourly and placing their bins where everybody is able to use them? I would suggest encouraging everybody to take advantage of this generosity by filling the bins with your own household rubbish. Perhaps Moxons could supply you with some suitable waste?

they ought to be careful. someone might contact the council pretending to be them and ask Southwark to collect their unwanted wheelie bins. they might even go so far as to suggest that they have left them in the road to aid collection.

some people.

How about giving the owners of the wheelie bins the benefit of the doubt-perhaps the bin men accidentaly left them in the street?(every day) Personally I would be very grateful to anyone who returned my wheelie bin to my home, if someone had put it in the road ;-) I would be very upset if a forgetful bin man or maybe a pesky yoof put my bins in the road-which is an offence-afterall how embarrassing if people thought I put them there!

I think Wiggle's a genius!

I know who does this, it's not accidental...

The Safer Neighbourhood Team might be able to help with this. They could tell him that his behaviour will lead to resident's parking being brought in, he won't want to shell out actual money for a parking space so may think again before being so selfish and ignorant.

Good luck