muggings for phones (a little note to say please be careful)

Locking this thread now as there are other ones about specific incidents - [b]The Administrator[/b]

hi just a little note to say please be careful at night on Lordship Lane.

In the past week I have heard of 3 people being mugged for their phones.

Someone posted on here about being mugged in the park near Sainsburys.

I had a lady pick up her wedding dress on wed and her fiance had been mugged on Mon night for his phone(bless him he was punched in the face and the wedding is tomorrow- so fingers crossed the bruising and swelling has gone down for their big day)

and Last night a friend said he had given another friend a lift to Dulwich quite late at night and after she had got out of the car she was mugged for her phone near the plough.

Just a bit worrying that 3 has happened that I have heard of so if you are out and about late at night please be careful as there is obviously a spate of muggings in the area at the minute.

the first one in the park I cant remember what the guy said but post was on here somewhere. The man that is getting married tomorrow was on his way home I got the impression it was 8-9ish, the girl that got attacked was late about midnight I think. From what I was told they basically punched the man and snatched his phone.

already posted this on the grinch's thread however just so you all watch out....

exactly the same situation happened to me last night(Saturday 13Th), two black males around 17-19 approached me at the bus stop on Barry road. they just got really close. asked where im from and then started asking me what phone i have. when they asked for it i just gave it to them and then had my wallet searched but they only decided they wanted my oyster! either way they were going to leave with my phone so i decided there was no point confronting them.

20 mins later after i had been back to my mates to get a bike they saw me again and chased me down Barry road for the bike this time! Bastards! i don't recognise the boys but I regularly ride round the area and have been chased for my bike on barry road before. I wouldn't be surprised if it was the same boys. im going to report it today as if its happened a couple of night's in a row theres a high chance someone else is going to be targeted in this area again.

ClareC Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> How about plain clothes police walking on Barry

> Road on a Sat night .....when asked for phone they

> can bring out warrant card :-)

They must be doing this. The spate can't have gone unnoticed.

The fire engine goes up and down LL on saturday night (I was in the EDT) - so wonder if they saw anything - I was keeping an eye out, but saw nothing on the walk from EDT to Rye Lane.

JohnL Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

>>

>

> They must be doing this. The spate can't have

> gone unnoticed.

>

xxxxxxxxx

Will only have been noticed if each incident has been reported

Maybe i'm too new to the Forum but there seems to be an explosion of thefts for petrol, phones, wallets etc in a fairly small area. We must get the police to patrol this area at night or at the very least, put some CCTV in place. I'm not feeling very safe & a bit depressed by it all ..

Can Mr Barber offer any assistance ? (I'm cc'ing the other threads - hope people don't mind)