Mugging in Goodrich road

Hi All, just been mugged in Goodrich road - not to worry, no serious injuries.

Young black male asked me what phone I had, I said not a good one, then he hit me over the side of the head with a brick and started demanding I hand over the phone. I tried to reason with him but to no avail. Fortunately a fellow Goodrich resident came to the rescue in a car and he ran away (thank you!).

FYI - be aware if you're getting off the 12 on Barry road, that's where he started following me. Kudos to the Goodrich dude who was more than willing to give his details as a witness!!

Thanks

Dean

sorry to hear about ur ordeal, at least ur ok!

i never take that route home late at night, safer to take a cab i say! i always found it to be a route which im wary of... its fairly quiet there, esp late night....... my friend who lives on crystal palace rd always comes home late at night alone... i've always been against it but she seems fine about it!

these people need to get a life!!! or a bloody job..... their behaviour is ridiculous!!!!!!!

Hi Guys,

Unfortunately I couldn't be bothered to report it - couldn't really describe him anyway and it's probably more hassle than it's worth.

The incident happened at around 1.30am at the Barry road end of Goodrich road, 30 seconds away from my gaff!

Dean

Hi Dean,

Really sorry to hear this happen to you must have been pretty scarey. Glad you are ok and seemto be dealing with it well, but you must report it. The police round here have been really hepful in my experience, and it really won't take long at all to report so please reconsider. They may be able to track him from the bus stop or get him on CCTV.

Sazzle

The CVTV on the bus will show him, if he followed you off the bus that is. I use that stop all the time and have on occasion used it and the 12 late at night, I do watch who gets off at the same time but I suppose by then it's too late anyway :-( hate that bus!! Were you heading towards the CAstle or Domkey Alley? There is a real dark corner towards the Castle where I believe this has happened before!

Sorry to hear what happened but you must report it. You might not think it's worth it but I told the police of my phone being snatched once (in Clapham) and the description I gave was enough for them to put 2 and 2 together and arrest and convict the guy.

Please report it.

Dean - I am so sorry about what has happened but every time the Piolice Ward Panel meet - which anyone is invited to come along to - they beg us to beg people to report what happens to them whether they think they can't identify the perpertarors or not. If more people reported everything that happened like this then the police could collect the info and rightly demand more resources. Every panel we attend we are invited to suggest three areas for them to take particular action and concentrate on - and then at the next meeting we find that they have often sorted the problem. You must - please - report this crime.

Another plea/nag - please report it. You will be doing yourself and the rest of us a favour. Being hit on the bonce with a brick is a serious assault! I often use that route and have walked home at all hours and never felt really threatened ever, but this has made me think again.

Dean I am gonna go against the flow here and say firstly glad you dont feel it too serious, and secondly if you report it to the police there is a fair chance nothing will ever come of it as your phone is not in use, and no doubt you have a sketchy description as these things happen so fast. If you're over it then perhaps its best left to fade out of your life like a distant unimportant memory, These crack heads just want a phone to call there dealer and to be honest there's a good chance that had you given it to him he would have chucked it after one call or traded it for one rock. Thanks for the heads up and letting us all know about it, but you don't have a responsibility to report it for the sake of anyone else who may get mugged, the fact is that these people do it all the time and there may be a dozen reports on the same guy in the system collecting dust. Your responsibility is to your self and the people you love not the people who may or may not get mugged in the future, you have warned us and thanks for that.

good luck with getting on with life

hugs as ever

easy.xx

TheGrinch Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Hi All, just been mugged in Goodrich road - not to

> worry, no serious injuries.

>

> FYI - be aware if you're getting off the 12 on

> Barry road, that's where he started following me.

Dean - really sorry to hear about your terrible ordeal, must have been v. frightening. Very lucky that a fellow resident was around at that time.

Glad you warned people on here. I have to admit I have been wary of returning to ED on the number 12 esp. late at night - not to say that the walk from LL on the 176/185/40 is any better.

Obviously its your choice but I would try to report this if I were you, it is not an insignificant matter and you are entitled to make your voice heard. I hope you recover soon. Take care, K xx

hey dean

exactly the same situation happened to me last night(Saturday 13Th), two black males around 17-19 approached me at the bus stop on Barry road. they just got really close. asked where im from and then started asking me what phone i have. when they asked for it i just gave it to them and then had my wallet searched but they only decided they wanted my oyster! either way they were going to leave with my phone so i decided there was no point confronting them.

20 mins later after i had been back to my mates to get a bike they saw me again and chased me down Barry road for the bike this time! Bastards! i don't recognise the boys but I regularly ride round the area and have been chased for my bike on barry road before. I wouldn't be surprised if it was the same boys. im going to report it today as if its happened a couple of night's in a row theres a high chance someone else is going to be targeted in this area again.

i cant remember exactly, and had nothing to tell the time on after it happened. but id say around 11.30-12.00,

i hope someone saw them, the second time they chased me i nearly rode straight in front of the number 12!

please please report it. like everyone has said he may be on cctv. if no one reports the police cant identify where there is a problem. i'm a police officer and when someone is hit with a brick, i would want to do something about it but unfortunately officers like me wont get a chance to help you and their future victims without the information.

East Dulwich police station is often quiet, i've never had to wait to speak to someone.

I know people that work on the Peckham Rye and Dulwich Safer Neighbourhood wards and they are both very friendly/approachable. The other option would be to call the police on 0300 123 1212 and they will send someone to the house to see you. Also might be an idea to see a doctor just to check you over.

Take care, hope you're not to shaken up

PS. I'm sure you already have but call the phone company and get them you cancel it.