Who owns....(The old wood yard on Barry Road)?

Thats next door to my house and its disgusting!! I have complained and complained about it - mostly to J.Barber on here - who keeps saying that basically, the owners - who bought the land from Banfields - about 3 years ago basically cant afford to develop it at the moment. They were told in Jan that they had to tidy the site up, people keep dumping things on it / near it, they had 3 months otherwise the council would do it and then charge them for it but I am yet to see any progress.

It is being developed in to 6 houses - not sure where their cars are going to go but hey ho, will fight that battle when it starts!

This is the response I just got from J Barber in another thread:

Hi Anna,

Yes, I was told end of January works would start and nothing has happened and it'll soon be April. This is really bugging me.

I've asked enforcement officers when they plan to enforce and as soon as I get a response will get back to you.

--------------------

Regards [email protected]

07903 964130

Liberal Democrat Councillor for East Dulwich Ward

www.jamesbarber.org.uk

James,

Thanks for you response; I raised the issue of this site being a fire hazard last year with your collegue Richard Thomas. Every time you walk past it, it looks more like a bonfire waiting for someone to put a match to it. If they did, it could well do damage to the little church hall next door and the adjacent flats.

I do hope that the developers get a move and the council will keep chasing them.

say heres an idea - clear the site, put down grass, trellis and climbers on borders maybe, a couple of trees and benches, a mini pond with frogs etc and create a lovely little restful glade [temporary of course with a sign that says ' brought to you by ....name of developers' till they are ready to build] what do you think? impossible? too expensive? Probabably half the cost of that Art Mural thang down on Northcross ..come on lets group email Mr Barber

edited to say i think i got a bit over-excited