No parking on Crystal Palace Road

Narnia

^That and did you really expect them to get the timing right?

Please, what country have you just come from ;)

Narnia Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> The one's near me said yesterday and still nothing

> has happened. A lot of cars park on this road.

> You'd hope they would get the timing right to

> minimise the inconvenience.

KalamityKel Wrote:

> Which would you prefer - a couple of days of

> parking elsewhere or worn and potentially

> dangerous road surfaces?

>

> You can't have it both ways. Just get on with it

> like many other people do/would do :))

Bollix(in the nicest possible sense).........it can't be that difficult to organise this properly.Why should we accept incompetence just because we are used to it? I'm not complaining about parking elsewhere. That isn't the point.

EDmummy Wrote:

> Perhaps they have been delayed in getting to your

> part of the street because someone didn't move

> their car.

Street has looked empty for a couple of days. Besides they will arrange removal of cars if owners don't do it.

It's just that having had them spend weeks, nay months, rebuilding the pavements on CPR so we couldn't (a) park or (b) walk on the pavement it is a tad annoying that just as the pavement work has finished that they start again at the bottom. I'm a cyclist so I'm well aware what the road surface is like and CPR is not particularly bad compared to other roads locally. Guess there's a pot of money in some budget somewhere that can't be used for something sensible that's got to be spent before the end of the financial year.

lizzie Wrote:

Guess there's a pot of money in some budget somewhere that can't be used for something sensible that's got to be spent before the end of the financial year.

I reckon that's exactly what's happening. Draining the dregs ofthe road maintenance budget as it can't be carried over.

A particular piece of half-wittery is that you cannot access the Goose Green end of CP Road at all (in theory), all of the residents of Altima Court have off street parking, as do a number of the other residential and commercial properties; all of these off street parking places are accessed from CP Road.

There is a barrier half way across the CP Road juntion with ED Road. You can theoretically access CP Road by turning left at the junction as you drive down ED Road, ignoring the temporary no left turn sign. I am not saying you should, just that, theoretically, you could; if you needed access to the forementioned off street parking.

Do we not have right of access to our own property anyway? People using the off street parking is not going to disrupt the road works in any way.

Why I was pissed off before was that because of the snow my section of CPR was a no parking zone for weeks and weeks. I was in the middle of building work and needed to get a skip in order for the builders to carry on. So effectively I lost a month when they went off to another job. I was also pissed off because I think making the pavements look pretty comes pretty far down my priorities on what council tax should be spent on.

I'm also happy with the new pavements. My road seems brighter and smarter which I hope would have some sort of knock-on positive effect on people.

Someone (the workmen?) have sprayed 'no parking Friday 26th' on the road outside The Castle. I'm assuming they'll be starting the work tomorrow.

Oh dear :( so what would you have spent the money on then?

no pleasing some eh.........

lizzie Wrote:

> Why I was pissed off before was that because of

> the snow my section of CPR was a no parking zone

> for weeks and weeks. I was in the middle of

> building work and needed to get a skip in order

> for the builders to carry on. So effectively I

> lost a month when they went off to another job. I

> was also pissed off because I think making the

> pavements look pretty comes pretty far down my

> priorities on what council tax should be spent on.