Anyone see someone stealing my new shelves this morning?

We had a shed and a steel shelving unit delivered this morning at 6.30 - for some reason the driver thought it was safe to leave them in our front garden on lordship lane (opposite ish the police station by the pedestrian crossing). Sometime between 6.30am and 8am some horrible person came and nicked the shelves. The reason for this thread is to moan and also check to see if anyone saw anyone carrying away my shelves?

I think you may have a case against the delivery company. If nobody signed for them and they just left them there it could well be their negligence. If they neglected to ring bell/get someone to sign, maybe they neglected to deliver them at all/left them at wrong address.

Thanks Huggers. I rang the driver this morning when we found the sorry you weren't in card with his number on and he says he definitely delivered them and tried our bell twice but I'm sure we would have heard it. I just got off the phone from the company we ordered them from and luckily they are sending us a replacement so that's good. I'm just a bit peeved off because we've lived here less than a year and had this theft, a few bags of cement and sand stolen from our back garden last year and an attempted burglary (he was caught and charged though) so we're feeling slightly unlucky today and I know they're only thefts so not the end of the world. These things come in threes supposedly so hopefully that's the last theft we'll have!

Do not leave anything made from any metal out side.

I was replacing the kitchen sink and left it out to take it out to the refuse the next morning, which I then found that I did not need to go anymore.

Metal is good money, I have started to take all my scrap metal from various jobs around the house to the metal scrap place in Nunhead. Bought our place in auction so was left with various bits and bobs that I cashed in, which paid for a full clean at the hand car wash!

There are a couple of open backed lorries which go around the area collecting any scrap metal. My old tumble dryer went that way and my poor bike, which was just put out to keep it out of the way. Old microwave were taken a few weeks ago too, I knew it would be that's why I didn't call the Council to collect it.

As someone said, metal is like gold these days.

Nunheadbelle