Missing Bear!

So the inevitable has finally happened. My daughter has lost Little Ted who is, she tells me, her absolutely best friend in the whole world, and she will never be happy again. Oh dear. We've done the expected patrol around Lordship Lane and places we went today (twice), and he is nowhere to be seen. In the hope of an Easter miracle, I'm posting to say if you should find a small brown teddy, sort of more person shaped than teddy shaped, with long arms and legs, brown, about 8 inches high, made by Anna plush, please PM me. We lost him somewhere between Green & Blue and Beauval Road.

In the meantime I've told her he has gone on holiday, whilst I frantically trawl the internet for a replacement.

She doesn't believe me.

Hi there,

I saw a bear in the window of an estate agents on Lordship Lane today, it may be your bear. It didn't look like it belonged and that they'd put it in the window in case someone was looking for it. I have a bad memory and can't remember which one it was (there's so many now) but it was on the left hand side of the road, opposite an indian, sorry to not be more useful!

we seem to have lost a bear in the last couple of days what was the one in bushells like? my daughter has lost a pink bedtime bear(luckily we do have a spare so she hasnt noticed but It does mean I havent got a spare for if she does it again)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi legalbeagle,

Was actually quite worried when I saw this thread! I honestly for a second thought there might be a REAL BEAR on the loose in ED!!! Honestly, what am I like! Well, as you can imagine, my relief was only short lived when I read of your totally understandable distress. I haven't seen any bears in windows recently, but I shall be keeping my eyes peeled from this moment henceforth.

Yours in solidarity and a big bear hug... x

Thanks kandj, very kind of you! No, no real bears on the loose, though I do recall a thread on here not that long ago about a wild cat/panther type creature on Peckham Rye, so you weren't being entirely unreasonable! Fortunately my daughter has now attached herself to a new soft toy - this time called Big Ted - and her trauma appears to be at an end.

So fickle, these kids.