Did anyone see.... (motorbike knocked over)

....a parked motorbike knocked over on Crawthew Grove today?

I have recently found my bike considerably damaged after being knocked over by, what I presume, to be a car either attempting to park or pull away and hitting my bike in the process. I can tell it was knocked over due to the state of one wing mirror (plus other damage) and the fact that the bike was replaced at an angle.

My bike, as always, was parked on Crawthew Grove, just opposite the Bishop and outside Foxtons.

Did anyone see anything?

Sorry, I didn't see anything, but you have my sympathies. My husband rides a Z750, and the amount of times people have nearly knocked it over. Once I was watching out the window and saw someone who was driving/parking very badly right next to it, but we managed to move the bike just in time. Very frustrating, I hope someone saw something.

Thanks Miss P and yes, very frustrating.

It has happened to me before but this is the first time it has resulted in any real damage. I have my suspicions but there isn't really much I can do as I didn't see anything. I'm not entirely sure what certain drivers think as they don't seem to show much consideration to bikes.

By the way, shouldn't you be named Mrs P?

Bit more sympathy from here too, it happened to me a couple of times. I actually watched it happen once as I walked back to my bike and a transit reversed into and then partly over my 550 Katana, me and the driver had words..

No help here but the only thing I learnt from that was to be very wary where I was parking in terms of what I was parking between, primarily behind vans or even 4x4's who may not have the visibility in the mirror of a comparatively low bike. Like I say not suggesting that was what happened here but a good tip for any newbies.

Thanks PR and Ruffers - and good advice too.

On this occasion I parked it beside another bike when I got home from work in the early hours of the morning with no car or van within 4/5 metres. The road gets a little busier during the day with shoppers parking up and the foxtons cars using the road too. The worst thing is that I can't really afford to get the repairs carried out for another week and I don't want to be claiming off the insurance.

Sorry to hear about your experience Ruffers. I have a feeling the term 'had words' is an understatement!