Patio door theft!

Someone stole our patio door on Saturday. It was an old knackered alumunium sliding door that weighed a Ton. My wife wanted to paint it, I almost broke my back getting it off the hinges. They must have seriously wanted to steal it, it must have taken at least 2 of them to carry the damn thing, and have a truck handy - the planning that's gone into this! God knows what the going rate for half a 1970s patio is in the criminal underworld, maybe it's a retro look they were after!? I really haven't had my finger on the pulse of the resale value of the moss and lichen covered alumunium door - without the key for the lock I might add. The worsed of it is, it's the 1st time my wife's picked up a paint brush for 15 years! Can anyone recommend some one to replace a patio door?

Blimey how very annoying. Is it possible someone thought it was being chucked out, if so you could put a poster on the side of your house requesting your door back on the off chance. Sorry don't know anyone to recommend but I hope you get a door very soon.

It was definately nicked, we're set back from the road so they had go through the gate into the front garden and down the side of the house to get it. It's just one more thing in the series of thefts and burglaries in my street in the last few weeks.

What a pain! We're having work done at the moment and our builders commented that they've never seen stuff disappear so fast from a skip. I've noticed trucks driving up and down our street many times a day looking for scrap metal etc.

computedshorty Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> When I go out I have a chain to my wrist and when

> I come in doors, I have locked up my Zimmer

A chain? On your wrist? Brave - they'll have that in a jiffy...

loz.

I have the chain from my Zimmer to my wrist to stop it getting stollen.

While getting my breath back I paused for a while on the pavement leaning on my Zimmer frame, only to be shouted at by a person who wanted to get past, I did try to do so as soon as possible but still got the usual ?Get that bloody thing out of the way? .

I had been reading about a person who fell over a frame and made a complaint the user was charged with personal injury while causing an obstruction.

I thought I might enquire about getting some insurance. But it is not easy as there seems to be no specific form to fill in.

I tried the search for a company but got none, eventually I was given a phone number to call.

A male answers: Hallo this Chang Soo how can I help you? his accent was Chinese I came to the conclusion that I had been connected with an Asian Insurance Company.

Me. Hallo you don't know me , I would like to take out an insurance.

Him. Yes Mister Sir, your name Pleese.

Me. My name is Arthur Tallman, you can call me Shorty.

Him. Ow old are yu.

Me. Seventy eight but I don't know how to say that in Chinese.

Him. Vere you liv?

Me. On the left going up Lordship Lane just before the Plough, it?s the house with a stuffed dog in the window, it looks real its only to frighten any burglars.

Him. How long you drive for.

Me. Well I had a motor cycle in 1947, so that?s sixty two years, I had to go to Norbury for the test.

Him. Have you any Convictions?

Me. No, only a fixed penalty for going 34 miles an hour in Lewisham. The points have gone now.

Him. What make yu want to insure?

Me. Zimmer.

Him. Yu mean Commer?

Me. No with a Ziii.

Him. Wot year it made.

Me Well so far its got to this year.

Him. What C.C. is it.

Me. Its made of aluminiun tubes

Him. How many Wheels it got?

Me. No wheels only rubber feet.

Him. How many peoples get in it?

Me. None, I cant get in it either.

Him. How Many miles do you cover in a year?

Me. About three.

Him. Where yu keep it at night?

Me. Under the stairs in the passage.

Him. Has it got any modifications made?

Me. No but it goes faster if I clean it.

Him. How many previous owners?

Me. At least one looking at the travellers stickers stuck on it.

Him. You want it for Fully Comprehensive?

Me. Can I have it for Computedshorty?

Him. Vot is the value?

Me . Well its a bit of an antique, it must be about a hundred quid.

Him. Have you a No claim discount.

Me. Yes I have, can you discount the Tax applied to the policy?

Him. Do you want to insure this policy?s No claim bonus?

Me. I will have to think about that, as I might not be about next year.

Him. To make Insurance for this will cost thirty pound sixty pence Stirling.

Me. Do I get an Over Sixty Five discount?

Him. Your Certificate will be sent to you as soon as it is available.

Me. Thank you Chang for you patience in filling in the application.

I would be lost without my Zimmer, and not able to get to the Post box to mail my claim.