Car Alarm going off every night c. 3am on Tell Grove

Not sure if anyone else here lives on Tell Grove but i was wondering if you could give advice.

There's a car parked on our road and the alarm is currently going off every night at around 3am.

I don't think the owner lives on the road - is there anything we can do to stop this from happening? Someone's left a note but I'm not sure if that is enough, they're quite easy to ignore.

This is the black Clio or similar I think? Very irritating.

Hmm, while I'm at it I might just make a complaint about the licensed minicab driver that in the middle of the night: runs his engine for a while, presumably to 'warm it up' - does that need doing any more??? open the bonnet, check something or other, close it again, run the engine a bit longer, check the engine again. Eventually drives off.

You can call the non emergency police number 0300 123 1212 and they can check the DVLA records and contact the owner - you should do this when it next goes off. We had the same problem outside our house and the police were really helpful.

thanks hill, i'll try to remember to do that though as it's so late at night I'm usually not very compus mentis...

yes it is a black car, i guess a clio. and i didn't know that was a minicab doing the whole 'starting up and leaving the car running' thing - though i've not been woken by that recently so maybe I've managed to block it out. the alarm is still annoying though...

I'm not sure if it's exactly the same time every night, i agree it seems odd. it doesn't seem to have been driven for a while.

there was another one on the road - possibly the same - which used to go off every weekend when its owners tried to open it. That was annoying enough but this is so much worse.