Has anyone lost a pet parrot? Found in Nunhead...

Just rescued him/her from our cats on Fernholme Road in Nunhead. Clearly a pet not afraid of people. Blue tag on a leg but cant read it clearly. Pic attached. Call 02072528498 if it's yours! Also if anyone has a spare cage we could borrow let us know - no idea where we can put the bird tonight

There was a thread on here recently with people saying they'd seen a cockatiel on the loose (a pet not one of the green parakeets that have bred and live in the wild in london now) and someone posted saying...

'There is a note on a tree about 2 lost cockatiels and for the life of me I cant remember where it is .Am racking my brains to remember.Got a feeling its on the SE15 side of Peckham Rye near Strakers Road which leads to the car park on the Rye.'

is it definitely a parrot not a cockatiel? if it's a cockatiel then the owners are obviously looking, but unless someone knows where the 'missing poster' is then how can you re-unite them?

how big is he? I'm trying to imagine him grooming your shoulder! :)

maybe he can talk and will reveal details of his owners in conversation!

He (or she) is very tame. Prefers to perch on shoulders rather than anywhere else. Could not have been lost for long because it cant fly far and our cats nearly made a meal out of it. Just wish we could find owners quickly we are not set up for a pet bird in this house!

Hiya, I work for RSPCA SE5. If you want you can bring the parrot into me I have access to cages etc and i usually get calls if people have lost their pets. I have not yet had a call but if its a pet it will be missed greatly.

Don't want to be a downer but got to ask: Did he/she get hurt by the cat? If so, it really needs to go to the vet asap for anti-biotic jab. Cat saliva has bacteria which can build up to kill a bird even if the injuries were only minor.

I have a sackful of good quality bird seed, also black sunflowers, I could let you have some if you're stuck what to feed it in the meantime - the green parakeets love them. I'm in Kelvington Road, Nunhead - off Cheltenham/Ivydale Roads.

The Minkey Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Thinking about it, seems strange that it's ringed.

> I wonder if it's an escapee from some kind of

> aviary - can't think why anyone would ring a

> single home bird.

In case it gets out?