come dine with me in Dulwich

Last night's one.. was Oliver the aforementioned grandpa? He seemed like a sweet old gent! I quite liked all of yesterday's diners, except the joyless arty young fella who did that annoying "apologetic" face every time he moaned about what everyone else was doing. Couldn't spot any local landmarks - except maybe St Giles' churchyard in Camberwell?

We thought we saw the Picture Gallery!

The place with the display cabinets; I thought that was part of a gallery along Camberwell Road as I have been somewhere similar. (Another reason why it seemed likely they also used St Giles when they filmed John.)

genwilliams Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> We thought we saw the Picture Gallery!

>

> The place with the display cabinets; I thought

> that was part of a gallery along Camberwell Road

> as I have been somewhere similar. (Another reason

> why it seemed likely they also used St Giles when

> they filmed John.)

Wasn't it the Hornimans?

They all got along rather too well even with the inclusion of so called eccentric bloke. That meant the commentary was dull. Anyway, it was CDWM South East London, not Dulwich. Don't think it was terribly representative of South East London. Could have done a lot better. I think the ones from outside London are much more amusing.

I watched it the other night and quickly realised that the girl participating in it (Ita) I'd met a few times where she'd sung at a mutual friends parties. A lovely girl and very glad she won it seeing as it was going to help pay for her wedding.

William Rose on East Dulwich grove had a sign up a while back that there would be filming in there for come dine with me. I thought it might be on this episode, unless they deleted it. Dissapointed didn't see many landmarks to show it was dulwich or even south london.

They used to do one meal per day on the show, so we had half hour to focus on the host and it would go more into details such as where they shopped for their food, a tour of their house and so on but now they have compressed them all into a one hour show they have cut so many bits out, I don't like the new format, I prefer it spread over the course of the week.